NOD32 killed K-Lite

Bold Eagle

After installing NOD32 and following setup insturctions from this link:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Now it is obviously recognised as a dangerous application by NOD32 and I think it has disabled a component of K-Lite so that any partial downloads or new download files are not present within my transfer window ;) :frusty: any suggestion to over come this. I hyave quite a few partial downloads and don't want to lose them.

• Replies 12
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After installing NOD32 and following setup insturctions from this link:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Now it is obviously recognised as a dangerous application by NOD32 and I think it has disabled a component of K-Lite so that any partial downloads or new download files are not present within my transfer window ;) :frusty: any suggestion to over come this. I hyave quite a few partial downloads and don't want to lose them.

question is was in kazaa or the klite? and was the klite real or a fake hack one? and on top of that one needs to know if it was just a bs find like when ms antispyware got a hit on kazaa when its not real.

There are two parts of K-Lite that come from the original Kazaa app and I reckon NOD32 has recognized one or both of them as malicious. Neither of these parts are actually dangerous, its just the fact they come encased in malware installers (the kazaa installation from Sharman) that makes NOD32 think they're bad.

Even though I run NOD32 myself I don't know/can't remember how to set it to ignore particular files. Just google it I guess.

Okay more specifically this is what was found by NOD32!!!

K-Lite\traffic.core - Win32/Adware.Altnet application

My build/version off K-Lite is K-Lite b RC1,v2.7 obtained from this site (nsane & ddj website)

Would you suggest I:

a. download latest build and transfer my partial files

b. reconfigure NOD32 and try to reestablish the current version (deselect potentially dangerous applications)

c. suggestions plz. ;)

Okay more specifically this is what was found by NOD32!!!

K-Lite\traffic.core - Win32/Adware.Altnet application

My build/version off K-Lite is K-Lite b RC1,v2.7 obtained from this site (nsane & ddj website)

Would you suggest I:

a. download latest build and transfer my partial files

b. reconfigure NOD32 and try to reestablish the current version (deselect potentially dangerous applications)

c. suggestions plz. ;)

you install kazaa 2.7 and then klite 2.7 right? and did it right?

nsane has his own loader that has the two files together and is suppose to be easier.

• Administrator

Add traffic.core to Amon's exclusions. Its needed to show the details of the traffic window.

Add traffic.core to Amon's exclusions. Its needed to show the details of the traffic window.

gees Lite...you move around the world...your country flag hops all around the globe.... england guam laos... where you off to next? does antartica have a flag...i heres the summers are nice there ;)

Thanks Lite I found the exclusion option. Sadly NOD32 seems to have a done an automated scan while my while my girlfriend was using sys and in her profile I came after the event and found the AV had auto deleted the particular file. Bugger so I suppose I will have to download the app again and reinsatll to regain the file (don't have the seed anymore).

Thanks Lite I found the exclusion option. Sadly NOD32 seems to have a done an automated scan while my while my girlfriend was using sys and in her profile I came after the event and found the AV had auto deleted the particular file. Bugger so I suppose I will have to download the app again and reinsatll to regain the file (don't have the seed anymore).

seed??? you p2p download klite? big mistake if you did. get the file here or at fsh site

wow just recover traffic.core in NOD quarentine.

Thanks sanbysan, yeah I found the file and restored it plus excluded the file sorry for being such a nOOb.

• 2 months later...

Forget about K-lite. And about your partial DL bad luck. There are other P2P programs cleaner than KL. and lighter on resources.

John

Archived