Make a Windows 7 system repair disc

DKT27

• Administrator

Make a Windows 7 system repair disc

Windows 7 seems great at first, but what if something should go wrong. Hard drives do crash! It's not pleasant, but you should think about what you'd do in a data disaster. You need some sort of protection. And Windows 7 makes it easy to create what it calls a System Repair Disc.

Here's how:

Click the Windows button aka "Start."

Type "System repair" in the search box.

Then choose Create a System Repair Disc.

Put in a blank CD or DVD and choose the correct drive from the drop-down.

Press Create Disc.

And let Win 7 do the rest.

Now you're protected.

Original Article And The Video Of Above

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i downloaded a Win7 repair disk ISO from somewhere 3-4 days ago,i wll share when i burn and test it ^_^

• Administrator

I feel this would be more easy(and fast) than to download the whole ISO that is made by someone else and then making a CD/DVD out of it.

I feel this would be more easy(and fast) than to download the whole ISO that is made by someone else and then making a CD/DVD out of it.

What you are talking about is called Recovery Disc. These disc basically helps to re-install the whatever operating system in your computer. So suppose if your windows or program files section is corrupted, then using this disc you can re-format you computer, which anyway will remove everything from your computer.

Again it depends on what brand of computer you have,

1. if you have an HP machine, then it would already have "recovery partition" which will be eating about 40% about your HDD space and which will do the same thing as recovery.

2. Dell machines does the same.

So moral of the story, these discs are helpful in case you dont have actual disc for OS. But if you are thinking about actual data recovery then its not possible with this method.

to each his own ;)

Archived