Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard FREE

karachidude

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

This might be the weirdest and most surprising giveaway ever. Microsoft's DreamSpark program is offering this new Windows Server release to eligible high school and college students. Why? To learn IT skills, I reckon. Obviously not everyone needs or wants this OS, which is worth $1,029, but I had to mention it. Anyone who does want it will need a Windows Live ID, a valid student e-mail address, and a way to burn the downloaded ISO file to a CD or DVD.

Note:First sign in on hotmail,then click on the first pink button,i forgot what its name was,it will automatically check if ur signed in,and then ask u to verify,then u can enter ur country,university and uni email etc.

here

Don't forget with the Dream Spark offers you can also Get

ipw2o1.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be the weirdest and most surprising giveaway ever. Microsoft's DreamSpark program is offering this new Windows Server release to eligible high school and college students. Why? To learn IT skills, I reckon. Obviously not everyone needs or wants this OS, which is worth $1,029, but I had to mention it. Anyone who does want it will need a Windows Live ID, a valid student e-mail address, and a way to burn the downloaded ISO file to a CD or DVD.

Note:First sign in on hotmail,then click on the first pink button,i forgot what its name was,it will automatically check if ur signed in,and then ask u to verify,then u can enter ur country,university and uni email etc.

How about giving the source and try not to forget to post the important information. xD

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=3113

@icecold

i dint get it from this post :P but thanks this ones is much more complete :)

here

ipw2o1.jpg

I knew there had to be a catch...

Student Verification

We verify you as a student by having your school authenticate your student ID credentials. If not your school, then it’s whatever student ID provider you choose. In order to do that, we have to start with where you are.

Guess what? I'm no student lol

@Lohengrin

On the link I posted the credentials have to be real,it would need a student email,it can be ur cousins,gf's or brother/sis,its valid in all most countries,even in Pakistan.

the link icecold posted has a workaround,its 2008's,i dont use 08Server,so i havnt checked if it still work.

For those who are University Student/College students,and want the many student software on offer.Heres a workaround.

OK.How to.

Signin ur HOTMAIL

Follow the link i provided in the first post.

click verify

choose china as the country

choose China-CERNET from the list of uni's,it wll ask for the verification code,choose any of the codes besides the star1... id,i choose the second last one.click continue,a username password login box will appear,if it doesnt,refresh the page it will,put sta1......as the username and the code besides it as the password,use the same code which u used earlier and offcourse the correspondind id.

[email protected] 3e2c0d94-44c4-46c7-882d-cb76f23c12cc

[email protected] c26caa9a-16c5-4a3a-888d-86e94ab677a2

[email protected] 1a03cd78-6d86-4f47-9508-ece486f40981

[email protected] 11e04730-45e9-4502-8d84-b67668bb4a3f

[email protected] 60b941a9-fef2-4462-87e5-47f6d4b23853

[email protected] 2d66b05d-a449-40ef-927a-98681f9beeb2

[email protected] d1a04496-2d8b-4fd1-898e-21d58f1d6272

[email protected] ff5cdf1a-fca7-4249-96f0-048ddd9ac1b5

[email protected] 39fb2318-140c-4ae2-aa0a-e14d7e1bfc1c

[email protected] d7ef40d5-d4ba-4053-b2ad-ce61bbfe8245

[email protected] 5e0e9159-98f6-4c89-b804-e71f0f84faef

[email protected] 162c7e33-3321-42d0-aeaa-6a3359f75bce

[email protected] 6da073ff-74d1-4d91-beb5-576484e3b331

It should congratulate u now.

Thanks to icecold for the workaroud

@Lohengrin

On the link I posted the credentials have to be real,it would need a student email,it can be ur cousins,gf's or brother/sis,its valid in all most countries,even in Pakistan.

the link icecold posted has a workaround,its 2008's,i dont use 08Server,so i havnt checked if it still work.

ic ic, I didn't even bother to try his link but I have no interest whatsoever in the Server 2K8, was just interested in some of the other products.

Seems to be working still. Thanks for this. Server 2008 is the first 64-bit only Operating System release from Microsoft. o.O

Allowing students these free downloads is a good move by Microsoft, I was now about to download server 2008 from torrents to help me study for the MS exams but now I am getting it free @ 1MB/s and more. :)

In the long run these subtle acts of unselfishness lead to creativity and great minds in future generations.

karachidude: thanks. <3

Dreamspark has some nice quality apps for free.

Microsoft Expression Studio 3

SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition

Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition x86

Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition x86

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition x64

Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition

LeetPirate "Server 2008 is the first 64-bit only Operating System release from Microsoft. o.O"

Windows 7 was supposed to be x64 only also but the netbooks changed that.

karachidude: thanks. <3

Dreamspark has some nice quality apps for free.

Microsoft Expression Studio 3

SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition

Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition x86

Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition x86

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition x64

Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition

LeetPirate "Server 2008 is the first 64-bit only Operating System release from Microsoft. o.O"

Windows 7 was supposed to be x64 only also but the netbooks changed that.

If they had made W7 x64 only then it would've probably failed, because although x64 applications are growing in number but there are still A LOT of compatibility issues and I'm certain that it will take quite some time before x64 completely replaces x86.

strange that china "hack" still works.. i had authenticated 3 msn accs with dreamspark anyway so i just logged in some time ago and grabbed the new keys.

Thanks karachidude. Already have a server 2008 R2 mak serial but it's nice to have a backup.

Thank you karachidude for your help in this field. :)

People who program with Visual Studio needs also Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (RTM version):

The Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 provides the documentation, samples, header files, libraries, and tools (including C++ compilers) that you need to develop applications to run on Windows 7 and the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. To build and run .NET Framework applications, you must have the corresponding version of the .NET Framework installed. This SDK is compatible with Visual Studio® 2008, including Visual Studio Express Editions, which are available free of charge.

You can download it here for X86 :

File Size:1480.6 MB

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/E/9/2E911956-F90F-4BFB-8231-E292A7B6F287/GRMSDK_EN_DVD.iso

Thanks Tony Blair for the download and information :)

Archived