FireFox to get phishing shield

masterripper

masterripper

An upcoming version of Firefox will include protection against phishing scams, using technology that might come from Google.

The phishing shield is a key new security feature planned for Firefox 2, slated for release in the third quarter of this year, Mozilla's Mike Shaver said in an interview Tuesday.

read the whole story here

does anyone here think that this would actually be any good?

• Replies 7
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IE7 has a phishing shield.. Dont know how good it is though..

I would say if its from microsoft its full of holes, bugs and does no work as good as they say it will ;)

apparently Netscape 8 and Opera 8 had phishing shield which were released last year :|

doesnt say that much about firefox ;)

a phishing shield is one of those tools that will come in handy just about never, i dont even see why they'd have to add it to firefox i'm sure someone could just write an extension to work with some other checking server, possibly even the microsoft one that IE7 uses. I see a phishing filter as not something that would make me switch to another browser, sorry microsoft but its gonna take a lot more than that to make me use IE7 over Mozilla.

Guest Fatal Error
a phishing shield is one of those tools that will come in handy just about never, i dont even see why they'd have to add it to firefox i'm sure someone could just write an extension to work with some other checking server, possibly even the microsoft one that IE7 uses. I see a phishing filter as not something that would make me switch to another browser, sorry microsoft but its gonna take a lot more than that to make me use IE7 over Mozilla.

Very, VERY, old bump, but google released an anti-phishing extension, so it's already there.

Archived