Armed British police use stun gun on man inside grounds of parliament

steven36

LONDON (Reuters) - Armed British police used a Taser stun gun to restrain a man inside the grounds of parliament in Westminster on Tuesday, a Reuters photographer who witnessed the incident said.

LYNXMPEEBA0R2_L.jpg

“Stop. Get down,” police shouted at the man shortly before noon just inside parliament’s main Carriage Gates, the photographer said.

Reuters pictures showed armed police using a stun gun on the man on the cobbled forecourt. He was later handcuffed as police pointed a gun at his head.

“A man was detained and arrested by Carriage Gates inside the Palace of Westminster on suspicion of trespassing at a protected site,” police said. “A Taser was deployed. Enquiries into the circumstances continue.”

The incident happened near where 52-year-old Khalid Masood stabbed an unarmed police officer to death in March 2017 after killing four people on nearby Westminster Bridge. He was shot dead.

In August, a man was arrested after driving a car into pedestrians and cyclists before ramming into barriers outside the parliament building in what police said appeared to be a terrorism attack.

Source

• Replies 2
  • Views 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, jabrwky said:

religion

i respect  peoples rights too believe as they wish .. Even though i believe all religion to be a crock of :shit:.  As many wars was started under Christianity  and hate groups like the kkk  were backed by it are terrorist and the Irish iRA are terrorist too . So they is good people and bad in all religion just many don't practice what  there religions teach there twisted . me i don't believe in things i can't see i'm a realist  and no one can prove that a super being exist .

Archived