How to Embed Subtitle to Movie?

Tucker

Hi guy!

I recently downloaded a .MKV file with an embedded subtitle and so i thought why not do this with all my other video files instead of keeping an external .SRT file along side with it. So can anyone tell me how to do this? I would very much appreciate it. Cheers! :cheers:

So far, i have tried using DivXLand Media Subtitler but it does not seem to support .MKV video formats.

PS. I am on Windows.

• Replies 9
  • Views 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nevermind. :P

I think i've got it you guys. I used the tool mkvmerge GUI.

It was really quite easy ones you get to it. :cheers:

mkvsrt.jpg

i rest my case.

May I suggest you try MKVToolNix, I been using it for years and I think it's a better GUI for mkvmerge, anyways here's the download link:

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-unicode-2.9.8-setup.exe

enjoy :)

That is in fact the tool i used, mate. But good to know. i am not alone! ^_^

I believe the only way to include subs with an AVI(excluded the use of an external file) is to hardcode the subs onto them, .mkv however does support (multiple) sub streams to be 'added' to the files without being hardcoded onto the video.

For AVI I recommend ConvertXtoDVD ;)

Does ConvertXtoDVD support conversion of .AVI to .MKV and or vice versa?

i recon i have a few lying around that i want to convert to smaller sized video files.

Edit:

I blv MKVToolNix only softcodes the sub into the file because i can just select/unselect it in ffdshow video decoder menu:

softcode.png

Don't bother with the AVI, it's an archaic container, unless you're using Xvid/DivX along with MP3 and no subs then you should get/use a different container (OGM or MKV are the best).

• 2 weeks later...

MKVToolNix is Awesome! It allows me to convert AVI to MKV also!! :w00t: or does it? Anyway to decrease the file size after?

Archived