Adobe Flash / FireFox

SacredCultivator

@box: Yes, I've tried installing the Plug-in via Mozilla's site

If you are still having problem, would you explain the process above.

• Replies 31
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Updated...

Okay yes, removed registry entries...

And found a temp fix for this...

As it seems it was due to a simple .dll file that is installed when installing Flash.

So I simply copied that from the Opera Plugin folder to the Firefox one and that 'fixed' the problem.

But if there is a new version of Flash, I might need to repeat this / perhaps just copy from my Desktop installation to Laptop.

As I do find it weird that for Opera (when installed), Flash installs to its directory. And not for Firefox/Chrome

Thanks for all the comments/tips, as I appreciate allt eh help/concern from all of you.

For future reference..

LUA = Limited User Account

SRP = Software Restriction Policy

HIPS = Host-based Intrusion Prevention System

HIDS = Host-based Intrusion Detection System

Limited User Account may be restricted for installing applications that require access to certain areas.. unless it has been allocated..Software Restriction Policy setup can disable access to various areas by software..HIPS can be blocking access ad change to various areas, as well as an active HIDS with Rules and so on ( which is basically SRP )..

Try downloading the Full Installer, unplug from the Internet - to be safe.. then disable all protection.. do the install in the Administrative Account..( actually all of this in there ).. in fact you may have to have access and rights to the directory.. See if you still get the area..

And did you check for any extra updates you may have missed through Microsoft? Especially concerning any Redistributable Packs.. .NET Service Packs, or to Windows Installer 4.0? ( there is 3.1 too but it should be there already )

EDIT: The folder called 'Macromed' that I mentioned earlier should be where that file resides..along with the ActiveX version..

The one in the Plugins folder for Mozilla is where some others may be.. BUT that area changed for Flash a while back...BUT it will work..

• Administrator

Well now I remember that .dll was also the culprit in my case along with IE. Good that you got it solved. ;)

Cultivator :

Have you uninstalled Firefox 3.6 beta 1 using ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS or you just installed 3.5.3 over 3.6 beta 1 ?

First install 3.5.3, then go to add/remove and uninstall 3.6 beta 1. Firefox 3.5.3 will stay after this operation and you don`t loose Bookmarks and ADD-ONS.

SacredCultivator

@jofre: Just going back before this temp. fix.

I actually went into Add/Remove Programs and removed 3.6, as I usually just install any version over the pre-existing one.

But I've tried to just Uninstall it using the Add/Remove Programs program.

Since I use FEBE to do my Back-ups, so I don't really worrya bout losing my bookmarks/add-on's/preferences.

There is still no 64bit supporting flash player from adobe,you have to use 32bit firefox for the moment. :pissed:

Archived