Firefox disables .NET Framework for stability and security.

LeetPirate

As the name of the topic says. I was using Firefox as usual, then I see this message pops up.

2rhu615.png

Naturally I could not help but laugh at what I saw, a Microsoft add-on for firefox causing stability issues.:lol:

Anyone else ever got this message?

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the name of the topic says. I was using Firefox as usual, then I see this message pops up.

2rhu615.png

Naturally I could not help but laugh at what I saw, a Microsoft add-on for firefox causing stability issues.:lol:

Anyone else ever got this message?

More addons which were blacklisted :

* Internet Download Manager, v2.1-3.3 for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer. Reason: caused startup crashes (see bug 382356).

* Free Download Manager, v1.0-1.3.1 for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 408445).

* Yahoo Application State Plugin, v1.0.0.5 and older for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 419127).

* Vietnamese Language Pack, v2.0 for all applications. Reason: corrupted files (see bug 432406).

* Apple QuickTime Plugin, v7.1.*, for all Firefox 3 versions on Windows. Reason: remote code execution in multiple versions (see bug 430826).

* Crawler Toolbar, for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 441649).

* Daemon Tools Toolbar, versions older than 1.0.0.5, for all applications. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 459850).

* AVG SafeSearch, versions older than 8.0, for Firefox 3.1a1 and newer. Reason: breaks a core navigation method (see bug 479095).

* Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant and Windows Presentation Foundation, all versions, for all applications. Reason: remote code execution vulnerability (see bug 522777).

Source

received this msg too 10 minutes ago. Thx for the clarification.

• Administrator

Same here. I don't have any .Net framework plugin in my FF.

Even after that, I got this -

Just for the calrifcation, you're talking about ".NET Framework Assistant" *not* ".NET Framework", big difference. The first is just an addon while the later is the framework itself.

• Administrator

I don't see any .NET Framework addon installed on my FF, still I got this message(just once).

Ahaha. I got the same thing as DKT27.

Both the microsoft presentation and .NET framework assistant were disabled. Hope they fix it soon.

• Administrator

Well as we can see why it's disabled -

Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant and Windows Presentation Foundation, all versions, for all applications. Reason: remote code execution vulnerability

This is expected, it's a MS product that is creating the problems.

EDIT: Recant.. just got the notification which what I was waiting for.. and it seems that both were there and blocked.. The Presentation Plugin was actually apart of .Net 4.0.. and They are both ..

For those of you who had no option to uninstall it..or any options at all.. You should open IE8.. and go to Microsoft Update.. Then choose Custom Updates and download anything related to .Net installations as you are behind in a few upgrades/updates.. which will allow you to properly uninstall the add-on..You can also follow the path to the plugin and either package it as a RAR or zip and delete/shred.

EDIT2: Uhm now I have one for 3.5 for the WPF plugin..hope this keep going all the way back to 1.1..

Archived