Vista Transformation Pack 9 Problem :/

AshTheGamer

Hi guys,

I installed the new vista transformation pack (Something I will never do again). I tried uninstall it in Add and remove that didn't work. All the icons are vista the start bar is xp with a vista sort of flag and the login screen is vista.

Please help.

• Replies 15
  • Views 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grab your XP installer, and do a reinstall.

The very problem with these so-called Transformation Packs, they modify many system files and a simple uninstall won't cover it. If you want to stick to XP, my suggestion and probably your best bet, would be WindowBlinds or Universal Theme Patcher. However, If your PC meets the requirements for Windows 7, go ahead and take the big leap.

Just do a repair: sfc /scannow and insert your XP Disk.

Bizarre is right, transformation packs modify many system files.

• Administrator

Well I used the Windows 7 transformation pack. I had it removed in minutes. Now I'm seein my XP with Windows 7 transformation pack look. I did sfc /scannow and XP repair, but no use. I sticky recommend not to use any transformation pack, the same reason Biz mentioned.

The only thing left is to do a fresh install, that I cannot afford.

Have tried every version of the Vista Transformation Pack (on XP) and it's a bloody buggy program. BTW, I turned to WindowsBlind for the latest look and have been more than satisfied over the past one year. Just finished downloading my copy of Windows 7 RTM and look forward to stepping onto to the next level.

Backups! Backups! Backups !

There are a lot of programs that recover OS to a previous situation. No one should try new software without being prepared.

I have now just done a reformat to get rid of the problem. Thanks for everyone that tried helping :).

I would stand behind only one of these packages..( WindowsX ) BUT I would never use one for myself..I patch my DLL's and I use other means.. You never REALLY get t to do what Vista does anyway.. Its like painting the old 'hoopty-lac' and leaving all the rest the same ( still a hoopty-lac ).. But in this case its not reflecting on XP. If you want something to look nice.. find something that doesn't modify system files.. and go with your own look and feel..icon packs.. its all out there..

Truthfully even those who have Vista Ultimate.. still modify the visual style.. so what would be the point..LOL..unless they have this really powerful system which does the glass..and even then people are still trying to get rid of the white everywhere..The real thing behind Vista is the core components anyway.. though not too many people see Vista for what it is.. and in the majority of cases it is a matter of having new hardware.. on a new board... So complaining about its performance technically is a NULL point since it simply was not made to run on the old stuff anyway.. 7 is opening up a new expansion in architecture which what we want anyway.. When XP came out though people where saying the same thing about it that they are about Vista.. and some people just run it into the ground really.. in fact I know people who would still want to run NT.. no joke..

Yeah don't buy into the HYPE of your friends saying, 'Uhh..you don't have Vista yet..' or even worry about it... skip it.. You have XP make it be the best XP you can.. and have your own style...Wait and get the most recent at the time ( OS ) with the best system .. reasonable for your use at the time..and upgradeable/expandable for you to grow with..

• Administrator

I'm gonna skip Vista. Never used it because of the reviews. Will never use it. If Vista has some greatness in it, I will be able to see that greatness in Windows 7. :)

The only problem that I see with that is learning how to use and/or work on the system...and knowing certain small little things about it that can help in resolving issues..

CNET is a good place.. I never said anything bad about it.. I think what I did when I was trying to advise about the 'Transformation' was I went through all of the bitching that ensued up to SP1.. then I got to listen to an idiot complain abut XP and wanting NT back for three months.. The point being that people speak before they think about the improvement and the reason things are the way they are.. systems have changed as well.. and I think if anyone is ever going to properly assess anything.. all factors must be considered..

I own Vista Ultimate SP2..all $500 of it.. and I also have OSX 10.4, Linux Ubuntu ( wanted Mandriva ).. and I have XP SP3 ( currently actively in use ).. and I plan on owning Windows 7... The things is I want to be able to sit down at all of them.. and use them without complaining and going on like some punch-drunk blowhard who can't grasp change.. But the real point above is that XP can do everything.. and can look pretty cool too and retain its function.. if you have XP its probably an OEM.. on a system created when the OS was the only thing considered.. and you won't get the most out of the new OSes without new hardware.. thats just how it is.. so wait..be patent.. it will come later.. that's all..I mean I really don't need the reviews to tell me...and I definitely am not relying on the perspectives.. I will learn them, and I will learn them .. everyone.. :ph34r:

• Administrator

Well the reason I recommend cnet, as it was the only site that had 100% safe changes to XP when I needed it. I remember the time I followed Cnet's online classes, they helped me make my PC to it's full. I was shocked when I heard that Cnet was gonna stop Online Classes. That day I rashed toi the site and copied all the Classes pages that were useful to me (I still have two-three of them if you want it). But I can see that they have not stopped postin tricks and tips. So it's always useful to me. I know no one can say anythin bad about it. ;)

CNET has always been a safe professional source..plus I like they way it looks.. ( though it wouldn't bother me any if some of the white was toned down a bit..LOL )

But yeah its in my bookmarks too..

• Administrator

Good. After nsane, cnet is my fovorite site. :D

Archived