Compaq desktop splashscreen is messed up

MidnightDistortions

MidnightDistortions

Compaq SR5703 splash screen malfunction  (will not boot). The screen looks similar to that as the original NES screen when it is not connecting well (dirty). I tried cleaning the built in Nvidia graphics card and processor fan but it didn't do much. I did notice the screen changes but still distorted. I also replaced the battery but still no change, what could be the issue?

The motherboard is M2N68-LA.

• Replies 4
  • Views 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MidnightDistortions

So chances are it could be the video card. Though its built into the motherboard.

MidnightDistortions

Well i currently only have a VGA monitor. My gaming desktop (self build) supports HDMI but never tried it with my tv yet. Been using the compaq as a media desktop  (music/movies) and that has the old IDE hookups (and 2 sata ports) which ive been using for my older Hdds and optical (cd/dvd) drives. Was thinking of doing another build for this (i could get some IDE motherboard cards) so i could fit more Hdds or get a laptop but then the drives would be useless (got a ton of them from scrapped computers ive collected over the years). 

Oh if your wondering the hard drives have 80GB or higher. Worked well in the compaq with some stored tv shows  (got a few newer drives for backups-one main).

Archived