Backup Registry

karachidude

Backup Registry

IMPORTANT ! ALWAYS BACKUP your registry. It is very simple and so fast and USUALLY the easiest way to fix computer problems is to restore a backed up registry file. You can use the internal system restore point, or use a commercial application that backs up ALL registry settings and saves them to a compressed file but here is an easy and reliable way.

Press Winkey + R and enter "regedit /E c:\RegistryBackup.reg"

Note, it is a GOOD idea to increment backups incase you backup your registry

when it has problems. Simply modify the file name to export to:

RegistryBackup2.reg RegistryBackup3.reg

..if you don't change the file names, you will overwrite the previous backup

and potentially destroy a good one with a bad one. To RESTORE a backed up registry, simply click on it an allow it to merge.

Note, this example saves the .reg file to c:\ but you can modify that to

save it anywhere you like.

Note:I stored mine at :E ^_^

Enjoy

K'dude

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Backup Registry

IMPORTANT ! ALWAYS BACKUP your registry. It is very simple and so fast and USUALLY the easiest way to fix computer problems is to restore a backed up registry file. You can use the internal system restore point, or use a commercial application that backs up ALL registry settings and saves them to a compressed file but here is an easy and reliable way.

Press Winkey + R and enter "regedit /E c:\RegistryBackup.reg"

Note, it is a GOOD idea to increment backups incase you backup your registry

when it has problems. Simply modify the file name to export to:

RegistryBackup2.reg RegistryBackup3.reg

..if you don't change the file names, you will overwrite the previous backup

and potentially destroy a good one with a bad one. To RESTORE a backed up registry, simply click on it an allow it to merge.

Note, this example saves the .reg file to c:\ but you can modify that to

save it anywhere you like.

Note:I stored mine at :E ^_^

Enjoy

K'dude

Thanx

no problem halo ^_^ .i particularly like this tutorial myself,its safe,easy,and works on all windows..its osum.

• 2 weeks later...
Backup Registry IMPORTANT ! ALWAYS BACKUP your registry. It is very simple and so fast and USUALLY the easiest way to fix computer problems is to restore a backed up registry file. You can use the internal system restore point, or use a commercial application that backs up ALL registry settings and saves them to a compressed file but here is an easy and reliable way. Press Winkey + R and enter "regedit /E c:\RegistryBackup.reg" Note, it is a GOOD idea to increment backups incase you backup your registry when it has problems. Simply modify the file name to export to: RegistryBackup2.reg RegistryBackup3.reg ..if you don't change the file names, you will overwrite the previous backup and potentially destroy a good one with a bad one. To RESTORE a backed up registry, simply click on it an allow it to merge. Note, this example saves the .reg file to c:\ but you can modify that to save it anywhere you like. Note:I stored mine at :E happy.gif Enjoy K'dude
what is operation system?

i m not sure...leet or Biz can answer..

this just backed up the entire registry for me.

Archived