how do i create a multi boot ultimate IT usb stick?

d3v

I've always wanted to make something like this but could never find any straight forward guidance.

Both my hirens and UBCD disks have failed to work due to scratches on the surface not to mention how ridiculously slow UBCD is to load from a CD-R.

• Replies 6
  • Views 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried before to make a USB boot disk for UBCD multiple times and finally i just gave up.not to mention the hilarious multiboot USB.

You know you can properly make a bootable USB Stick for a OS like XP.. you have to edit some files and then install from the ISO to the USB..and it would seem that you would have to have a USB with several partitions and rather large to support installation of several..however each installation would have to modded beforehand..

I know you can use PEBuilder to make a bootable USB...making a boot controller for the thing would seem like a chore..having multiple partitions and installs..

What exactly are you wanting to put onto the stick? What is you initial structure in which you have in mind? How will it be used?

Do a search for GRUB4DOS

You can mount images and boot from them. You can patch memory. You can chainload. Flexible, full of features!

Go see it, it's amazing! It's even used by some Win7 loaders... :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

well if u dnld the Hiren's boot cd 9.8 or later u ll find some tools to make the USB bootable for Hiren's better u chek the hirens.info/hirens.net hope u find help :rolleyes:

Archived