Network Limitation

MiZaRiZ

Hey, i am looking for a nice program that limit my programs (on the bandwith).

I play wow, (yeah i know) and in my guild, i am the one that make the raid videos, everything from funmovies to "how to slay this boss".

I use megaupload, for storing of this movie, but the uploader dont have a limit, so it suck all the speed out of my connection.

I had a program at one time that did the job, but it is not working on Windows 7 :s

Please help ;)

• Replies 5
  • Views 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, i am looking for a nice program that limit my programs (on the bandwith).

I play wow, (yeah i know) and in my guild, i am the one that make the raid videos, everything from funmovies to "how to slay this boss".

I use megaupload, for storing of this movie, but the uploader dont have a limit, so it suck all the speed out of my connection.

I had a program at one time that did the job, but it is not working on Windows 7 :s

Please help ;)

Cfosspeed. It's posted on the front page, and it does much more than limit the bandwidth.

Cfosspeed. It's posted on the front page, and it does much more than limit the bandwidth.

Thank you. There is just nothing in the description about limit, it looked like a optimiser :)

I used to use Netlimiter for stuff like this, it was great, it can limit the bandwidth of an application, a process or your entire machine.

I haven't used it in a while so I'm not sure if it will work in Windows 7 or not, give it a try and see how it works.

PS: if you can't find a working "fix" lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

Offtopic: I say screw megaupload! (unless you have a premium account or something), you should try Mediafire.com ;)

I used to use Netlimiter for stuff like this, it was great, it can limit the bandwidth of an application, a process or your entire machine.

I haven't used it in a while so I'm not sure if it will work in Windows 7 or not, give it a try and see how it works.

PS: if you can't find a working "fix" lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

Offtopic: I say screw megaupload! (unless you have a premium account or something), you should try Mediafire.com ;)

That was its name. I cant get it to funtion on win7, but the cfos is working great.

Cant find a working fix for it, all the serials are blacklistet.

that offtopic comment, what do you have against megaupload ?

Its working fine for me, but if mediafire is better. Think i will try it out :)

Edit. hmm cant use mediafire, there is a 100mb limit on files. Normaly the files i upload is about 200 - 300 mb. Megauploads limit is 1g.

Cfosspeed can limit upload/download bandwidth. In fact with Cfosspeed you don't need to cap anything. By default it will give your long upload low priority, so that you will be able to do other things without having a max all the time for the upload. And it works fine with Windows 7.

Archived