[Keyboard] Problem

LeeSmithG

Good morning anyone got an answer to the problem I receive currently.

I notice my keyboard suddenly sends continuous ''+++++++++++'' and sometimes ''................................'' without quotes.

I can be typing an email and it happens.

I use a Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard.

So any ideas on a fix?

• Replies 6
  • Views 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most keyboard has an arc-formed rubber that is hidden under every key in the keyboard that is "bouncing" or pushing the key upwards whenever you pressed it .
Years during its usage, this might get worn and it might lose that "bouncing" capability.
Open it up clean it and try replacing it with other rubbers in the keyboard that you rarely used such as the rubber under the scroll lock key or Pause-Break key and see if it no longer display those "error".
You can "scavenge" or find an unused keyboard with a matching rubbers under it and re-purpose them.
Those using spring type are old type keyboards and are much harder to fix as you need to buy a hard metal wire and use pliers to imitate the spring form.
There are times that the electronics will just fail suddenly.
Even if you clean it, it will no longer functions like before.
I guess if this is your problem better replace it with a new cheap one.

Thanks for the replies, I will look into following the instructions :)

• Administrator

Topic moved to Technology Talk.

Sometimes keys get stuck even when they appear as if they are not stuck and such.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, DKT27 said:

Sometimes keys get stuck even when they appear as if they are not stuck and such.

Had that happen to a friend who ate her lunch at her workstation.  She got some bread crumbs stuck between the two bracket keys so that one of them continuously printed brackets when the computer was on.  Keyboard looked normal, but then I turned it upside down and shook it.  The pile of crumbs would have kept a bird alive for a year.  I ran my fingers over all the keys and turned it upside down again and shook it.  it's been five years or more since that happened, she still uses the same keyboard without any problems.  She just don't eat at her workstation any more.

Use blower like that one you'd find when you buy camera cleaning kit. Theres always things under them even you clean it evey week, hairs, snack crumbs, etc. Pop the key caps off if you can for more thorough cleaning. Dont forget the  "." and "+" alternative keys on the number rows.

Archived