A bit of statistics.

Kalju

Yes, I did a little bit of statistics.
If we talk a bit about the forum, it's just a little more than 13 years old. (Of course, if to start count with the day when the nsanedown was opened.)

I think, here is something, what to think about. (I will not give more comments, if there is somebody, who can understand this numbers language, would be good.)

Total Members (shown on the first page)    52,935

1. 48523 members are really in the list
  2. 11020 members have made at least 2 posts
  3.   4433 members have made at least 11 posts
  4.   1095 members have made at least 100 posts
  5.     356 members have made at least 500 posts
  6. at least once visited during last year 4987 members
  7. at least once visited during last six month 2992 members
  8. at least once visited during last month 408 members  

Statistics don't lie, it's sad, but true.

• Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a problem with all sites that never start over are don't weed out non active members  , Same happen at Facebook many members there not signed in years and years and are not a really a member any more  . statistics are just statistics just because they proved someone joined  don't mean they true 13 years latter it just proves they don't delete people from the system... if you want to see how many are online look at the front page  and on a good day they may have a little over a 100 members signed in on a bad day they have way less and its been like that for along time.

Some warez sites boast over a million members  but there was never no million active at them at one time. ive  joined sites and forgot my passwords  and some   i may visit  1 or 2 times a year i belonged  to sites i never posted at and they weeded out non active members  and they never deleted me.  just because i join dont mean i'm going to contribute . i'm picky about witch sites i waste my time on.

A normal statistics for any forum or group.  Keep on ticking Nsaneforims!  Thank you.  :flowers:

Guest Guest

Sometime we like only read, and not talk with, nSane allow us, so is good,

some forums enforce to join in order to read, such practice was never applied here, except for some zones, but is ok.

• Administrator

Good work finding them. It does help.

I see these as quite fine actually. Yes, there is a need to prevent members from getting things and not signing again - but we are pretty much open and members do need to sign in to get things as mentioned above.

Also, we do have a method in place to remove non-active members. Thing is, before activating that method, we think members should know about it. Previously before we removed so many members, we sent them an email, seeing which thousands of members came online and started posting again so their account would not be deleted, but caused many issues including moderated related ones here.

Guest Mark Gupta

I am not sure if you are considering that vast quantity of guests are here because the forum always standed for opensource software, I think if you go closed source the forum, many will go to opensource software forums again?

@DKT27 Are you thinking about rate limiting, closing the doors of nSane?

Please, thinks about us that enjoy the forums as guests... 

Thank you, may the lord Buddha of Wisdom bless you brother 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Guest Mark Gupta said:

I am not sure if you are considering that vast quantity of guests are here because the forum always standed for opensource software, I think if you go closed source the forum, many will go to opensource software forums again?

@DKT27 Are you thinking about rate limiting, closing the doors of nSane?

Please, thinks about us that enjoy the forums as guests... 

Thank you, may the lord Buddha of Wisdom bless you brother 

I would be more than happy if guests join the forums and resolve all the issues they have. We cannot go on approving all the guest posts here.

• Administrator

Just last month June 

Unique Visitors

Total Unique Visitors
Last month
Maximum Unique Visitors
Per day
Minimum Unique Visitors
Per day

Archived