My New 3TB HDD Collection

nsane

my little bro brought em home after his work removed their old servers. they told him to go destroy em, but he gave em to me instead (guess it makes up for him breaking my old HDD) :P

hdd1.jpg hdd2.jpg

...there's 3TB of space exactly, all drives have been tested and are working (just finsihed checking the last one a minute ago). the ones that broke during the move are in the trash...was a good 10 or 12 of em (he wasn't exactly gentle) <_ any how he ganna be bringing the server cases and stuff home sometime next week...so it looks like i having some serious processing power hdd space here in a bit setup small network too :d>

thanks to god for getting him hired at the regional datacenter for a big realestate company :lol:

oh, and the specs...

15 x 120GB Western Digital (WD1200)

12 x 100GB Western Digital (WD1000)

• Replies 22
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after i get the server tower and stuff i might be setting up a small network (so i don't have to share mine anymore). but i might end up selling a few on ebay or something too, cause you're right, i don't need THAT much space :P

anyone with a PayPal account that wants a drive can PM me, will be glad to give yall first dibs...does $20-25 a pop sound good? :lol:

Rudeboy2025

I do want one but I don't have a Paypal account and don't want to make one either.

SliverSamuel

damm u r lucky

@jdawg - https://www.paypal.com :lol:

@sliver - i know, and i can't wait to see what kinda hardware the servers have. hopefully they have some 1GB sticks of RAM in a few of em (that match my mobo slots obviously), that would help me out alot :P

SliverSamuel

dude, do u realize u could get a cheap computer and use it to host private servers? that is like my dream rite now, cause i have like 15 gig left >_<

@sliver - you know what kinda hardware i'd need for that? not to mention the cost of the connection i'd need and the huge power bill :P

@apc - yeah, they are, sorry just now notcied your post :lol:

whats sickening about what people or companies throw away. there is one special place i visit that i find 20 gb notepads harddrives throw away all the time. eveyone of they broken on purpose. there was about 50 last night i spotted. these little a.. destroy whole copy machines. easy $5000 machines. the dang attachment addons are $1000 easy and nowthing wrong with them. shaking head.

SliverSamuel

@nsane

well, jus basically a cheap computer with good connections, and try using linux for ur private server, yea for the bill part, u might want to buy a laptop for that, and shut down unnecessary .exe 'cept for the ones to run a server, i think there's a prog for that, but i deleted mine >_<

whats sickening about what people or companies throw away. there is one special place i visit that i find 20 gb notepads harddrives throw away all the time. eveyone of they broken on purpose. there was about 50 last night i spotted. these little a.. destroy whole copy machines. easy $5000 machines. the dang attachment addons are $1000 easy and nowthing wrong with them. shaking head.

they destroy em to prevent people from getting personal data about customers. but, yeah, destroying mobos, ram and all that good stuff is just stupid :lol:

They were junk ! A waste of time and money! You still willing to sell me a couple ?

got screwed on ebay? if you got the final bid link be nice to look it up to see if there is some wiggy room out of it. usually there isnt. btw what was the shipping and handing charge?

• 1 month later...

Archived