Google’s Controversial Voice Assistant Could Talk Its Way Into Call Centers

tao

At a developer conference in May, Google CEO Sundar Pichai demonstrated how a cutting-edge, computer-generated voice assistant called Duplex could call up a restaurant or hair salon and make an appointment without the person on the other end ever realizing they were talking with a robot. The technology was as controversial as it was impressive, drawing sharp criticism from people concerned about its ethical implications.

What Mr. Pichai didn’t mention is that the technology could be more than just a nifty trick to help users save a bit of time on reservations. Some big companies are in the very early stages of testing Google’s technology for use in other applications, such as call centers, where it might be able to replace some of the work currently done by humans, according to a person familiar with the plans. [...]

If interested, please read the entire article < here >.

• Replies 4
  • Views 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For that reason, I have disabled Google Assitant :) It's so dangerous, months ago, a guy made an experiment and talk about "dogs food" with a microphone enabled and after Google showed him a lot of ads based on Dogs Food !!

mostwanted

Google is preparing the world for the future. Trying to make things easier but, not everyone will appreciate its technology and that's Google for ya. That's how they've always been. Google is an ad-based company, but its become so much now. Which is scary ?

I wish I could find a better alternative to  answering services for my small business

Every answering service I've used in the 20yrs I've been in business have sucked  and are built on a scamming innovative invoicing model to pump up the incoming out going call amounts to over charge there customers 

Archived