No picture signal during POST

d3v

All of a sudden when I reboot my laptop the picture signal only kicks-in when the "Windows is loading" screen appears.

WTF?

Windows XP Pro SP2

AMILO M 7400

• Replies 5
  • Views 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you should try to upgrade to SP3?..and get some updates..I would start there from your BIOS and forward.. may work out some kinks all over..

Maybe you should try to upgrade to SP3?..and get some updates..I would start there from your BIOS and forward.. may work out some kinks all over..

Hi mate.

I have SP2 updated fully, but SP3 slows down this crappy old laptop sooo much, that's why I've stuck with SP2.

Would clearing CMOS help??

I am going to say no.. and REALLY..??? wow SP3 worked better for mine.. and no not a pre-RTM.. Pirated copy either.. REAL SP3.. Pure..LOL

ok sp3 is installed and you're right it has not effected the laptops speed like it did in my previous XP install.

anyway it didn't help the situation. This is quite serious as it means I cannot boot to DOS/safe mode or reformat !!!

ok i just solved this.

i hooked my laptop up to my TFT monitor, rebooted and there was the POST options so I immediately entered BIOS and found what I had studpidly done...

73621545.gif

Archived