Bitdefender problems

ARoman

Hi everyone had big problems with Bitdefender TS on my Windows 10 64. I bought an subscription. Had before Bitdefender IS which was working fine for over a couple of years. After switching I first had an error that services would not load.

reinstalled it and then VPN would not load and acitvate. Contacted Bitdefender and they told me to reinstall the program.

After reinstallling nothing was changed. Then I completely uninsatalled BTS and start all over. Now I even can not activate the program

in Bitdefender  Account, it tells me: 'unable to connect to server'. I can logon in Bitdefender central in my browser and there is my device 'unp'rotected'.

I run out of ideas and Bitdefender Helpdesk is not responding anymore. Does anyone has a good tip.

I have no other protection installed.

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. First, the bitdefender is optional and is not compatible with Windows 10, it will damage your system permanently, may be needed to reinstall;
  2. Secondly, the fact that you can not connect to a server is your VPN problem, VPN settings should be if not wrong, then at least not fully correct.
  3. Thirdly - if you already installed and removed Bitdefender at least once on your computer, your Windows settings are incorrect and they need to be restored to their default settings, the same thing is with the registry settings and values.

2 minutes ago, Kalju said:
  1. First, the bitdefender is optional and is not compatible with Windows 10, it will damage your system permanently, may be needed to reinstall;
  2. Secondly, the fact that you can not connect to a server is your VPN problem, VPN settings should be if not wrong, then at least not fully correct.
  3. Thirdly - if you already installed and removed Bitdefender at least once on your computer, your Windows settings are incorrect and they need to be restored to their default settings, the same thing is with the registry settings and values.

Thanks Kalju for you reply. Bitdefender worked before. I had no VPN and Bitdefender VPN never loaded on my installed BTS.

What settings do you mean and and how to restore one and other. I myself use Ace Utilities to clean my registry which I did after uninstalling the software.

1. Uninstall the Bitdefender and don't never install it again;
  2. I cannot say, what exactly, because there may be very different changes, that's why I said - restore defaults at first;
  3. Ace Utilities only cleans some absolete keys and data, but nothing more. You should use registry backup or Registry First Aid, it's the only program, what can repair registry, but sometimes it is not enough to restore all damaged keys and the data.

So, if You have uninstalled, restart computer. Use CCleaner to clean junk files and obsolete registry data and keys. Then repair Windows files using command promt or powershell (run as administrator) Win Key + R => cmd.exe => OK or Enter => sfc.exe /scannow. Then it will run and check Windows files and if something is damaged, usually repairs. Sometimes it cannot repair all, then You'll get log file where is all what wasn't repaired. Then is clear, what to do for the next.
If You get message, that there were something, what wasn't repaired, You can use this command to send the log file on your desktop.
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

or use this .bat or .cmd file (copy to notepad and send to desktop, nb! save as => slect All files (not .txt) and UTF-8 - it is mandatory!)

@echo off
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
Start notepad "%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
exit

I got this message:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Are you against security sofware or only Bitdefender?

On my other(old) computer I had no problems at all with Bitdefender.

I am afraid nothing is changed.

Currently there is no antivirus program that works as should, ie to defend something or somebody.
The reason is simple - their operating principle is outdated and it does not work anymore. So it was possible to protect something 20 years ago, and today it is just a means of making money for the producers. All available are just a means of making money. They have not worked for any other purpose for a long time.

Oh, I forgot. Most of them also serve the purposes of the spying. See how easy it is to tell humans that we're protecting You, etc., while uploading from any computer what they want or need. Particularly good are the so-called "Cloud Based" versions. And you allow them to upload everything from your computer. But you think, that you are protected? They even don't want to know, what You have installed, but they are interested in Your web history, when, where, how long, how often etc You have visited. They are not interested in what You said, what's Your password or username, but they are interested how info moves, where it comes and where it goes. This is the purpose of today's internet spying.

^^If you are so much worried about internet spying then you probably shouldn't be online at all(incl here).?

@ARoman

There can be many reasons for this & finding them out may take a lot of time.I suggest installing a trial version of bitdefender IS first to see if it is still working because if not then most likely no bitdefender product will work on your pc now.If trial version works then next try trial version of TS.If it works too then most likely issue is with license.If it doesn't work then try bitdefender CC to downgrade your license to IS.Also don't use any vpn when installing or activating any AV software for the first time.I would also suggest not to use any 3rd party software like registry cleaners or uninstallers to remove AV or security related products.Always use program's own uninstaller & afterwards use uninstaller tool from AV product's own site(many AV manufacturers provide their own cleaner tool for completely removing all traces of their AV products) for extra surety.

Thanks for answer and suggustions. Did most of that. Part of software is working now, only threat defense is off and will not get active. I think I leave it as it is.

Israeli_Eagle
On 6/22/2018 at 7:08 PM, Kalju said:

4. Privacy is not allowed anymore in Win10. :secret:

Are you using the latest 2018 version to install or are you first installing 2017 version & then upgrading to 2018?Maybe one of the two can solve this issue completely if you want to try again.

14 minutes ago, guest_999 said:

Are you using the latest 2018 version to install or are you first installing 2017 version & then upgrading to 2018?Maybe one of the two can solve this issue completely if you want to try again.

Now until 2 week ago I was using BIS 2018 with no problems at all. I bought a new license of BTS 2018 and after uninstalling BIS and reinstalling the new BTS the problems began. Tried reinstalling no luck then uninstalling all  completely no luck.

Contact with Bitdefender Support gave no new good advice. Now I cleaned registry and deleted by hand old software and and services. Now I have Bitdefender registered but no working advanced threat defense. Have no ideas anymore.

And by the way I am not worried about internet spying, but better safe than sorry.

2 minutes ago, Radpop said:

Just curious:

1. Did You use Bitdefender uninstall tool? Tools for different versions

2. Do You have some other security products installed which can conflict with BD?

1 yes

2 I had Malware Bytes but I uninstalled this before installing Bitdender.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 8:01 AM, Israeli_Eagle said:

4. Privacy is not allowed anymore in Win10. :secret:

JAJAJA That is the main reason many users move on to Ubuntu or Windows 8.1 (like me) :) 

Archived