Software Updater Programs !?

Jime234

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/24/2018 at 12:30 PM, ShiningDog said:

@Jime234 this is how i prefer driver updates.

1. try to find drivers for the os version you are running from the manufacturer site.

2. if 1st option not available then try to use hwinfo app and use listed hardware id and try to find drivers directly from hardware site. 

3. if 2nd option doesnt work, then use windows 10 update (or wumt).

4. if 3rd option doesnt work then use SDIO package. (sdio have best driver detection algorithm and until now it haven't let me down., and dont use any other apps for driver installing, i have spent enough time managing many systems and experimenting with many 3rd party apps for drivers and my experience says sdio (dont confuse it with sdi) is the best, while some others driver installer not only bad but they can actually wreck your perfectly fine system.

but honestly if i'm in a hurry in managing any system, i just prefer sdio, it works very fine.

I'm guessing u meant this : https://www.snappy-driver-installer.org

I'll give it a try mate

On 6/24/2018 at 12:30 PM, ShiningDog said:

@Jime234 

4. if 3rd option doesnt work then use SDIO package. (dont confuse it with sdi) is the best,

I searched my pc and found that I had downloaded sdi not so long ago !

It is so weird that sdi and sdio have similar icons and stuff, they can be easily confused for each other. 

Is sdi a phishing ware or something ?

DelMember26
30 minutes ago, Jime234 said:

I searched my pc and found that I had downloaded sdi not so long ago !

It is so weird that sdi and sdio have similar icons and stuff, they can be easily confused for each other. 

Is sdi a phishing ware or something ?

sdi used to include ads and bundle, and thats why some devs forked a clean version out of it, also sdio and sdi have different driver detection, if you try both in some sytems you'll know the difference.

DelMember26
5 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

Any feedback on DUMo : https://www.kcsoftwares.com/?dumo ?

dumo is great at detecting updates for drivers, but free version is certainly bad at finding drivers.

all free version does that it point to google with model name which may not be unique and expect users to download drivers from bunch of shady driver sites bcoz in most cases original manufacturer site wont appear. i suppose pro version leads to station driver site which is good.

but again free dumo is only good for detecting updates for driver, nothing else.finding perfect drivers from google is not the easy part for normal users, most time they will end up using adware filled bs drivers and programs.

@ShiningDog Tried out sdio and everything was perfect ! except that particular blue-tooth driver. blue-tooth drivers always get messed up dunno why.... had to revert back to old blue-tooth drivers. TYSM once again !

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 1:36 PM, Kyle_Katarn said:

Happy to get a confirmation that SUMo and DUMo can't be cracked :)

Dear bro, look on other site :) SUMo can be really cracked. But I don't recommend you to crack it. Free version are enough, the same for DUMo

Kyle_Katarn
On 7/7/2018 at 1:24 PM, Jime234 said:

False positive from poor AV suite...

On 7/7/2018 at 9:06 AM, Archanus said:

Dear bro, look on other site :) SUMo can be really cracked. But I don't recommend you to crack it. Free version are enough, the same for DUMo

No evidence of crack on 5.7.x branch :)

I update all my installed software individually. That way i don't have to worry about my software list/settings uploaded to some random server in China or Russia ?

Kyle_Katarn
10 hours ago, T3rM1nat0Rr3 said:

DcboFFWX_o.jpg

3.5.4.44498 is a stable, not a beta.

For which software ?

T3rM1nat0Rr3
8 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

For which software ?

My apologies. I was referring to µTorrent.

Archived