Why invision powerboard ?

Hitman6267

Hi, i was just wondering why quite alot of people buy invision powerboard ? i mean why not use for exemple a free one like phpbb ? What is the difference ? I know i'm going to get an answer thats going to make me look like a noob :rolleyes: lol

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

phpbb has like 1/10 of the features and options IPB has. and IPB has alot more supporters and modders so the number things you can do with it is basiclly endless. i mean, if you want it someone can prolly make it for you :rolleyes:

you mean the " Licensed to: " by make it for you. No thanks :rolleyes: im happy with phpbb and wouldnt want some one to work and me ending up not using it.

oh, because you HAVE to pay for it now, and i thought i'd show off the fact that i did :rolleyes:

but it's still well worth the money, best board soft around. ask samurai, he used to be in love phpBB...but now that he's gotten used to IPB he's completely dumped that cow ;)

I still prefer vBulliten over IPB.. But I will have to agree that IPB does own. phpBB is a free board yes, but its severly limited in its features.

NickTheGreek

i know many people like vb better because it is faster and it MODs mroe easily...

but i agree with nsane 100% : the extensions for IPB are nowhere to be found

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't there a free version, i think it was 1.3.... Alot of website offer free Invision Boards so there must be/ was a free version.

Isn't there a free version, i think it was 1.3.... Alot of website offer free Invision Boards so there must be/ was a free version.

Yeah, 1.3. But it's pretty basic.

Broke As Hell

I thought about buying an IPB... but then I decided I would never have time to set up a site anyways. But IPB, really much more better than it was before. I don't really have much of a preference over IPB or vBulletin. But IPB is cheaper. (assuming it's about the same since I last checked prices, roughly about 7-10 months ago)

vB also makes you renew member access to download their upgraded versions. IPB, if you buy the lifetime one, has access to ALL versions.

cooldude7273
how much is it for a lifetime licence?

$185 for a perpetual licence - lifetime of updates, but just a year of support, you renew support by the year after that. ($30 per year I think).

Luckily, I got my licence when it was a true lifetime of everything - updates and support! :P

Archived