Windows 7 Services Problem

DJPrice

I'm trying to open services, but the error window in the screenshot keeps showing up. It has happened a few times now since I've been using Win7. Also I've had an error window show up when I've tried to install programs. The error window that showed up then said something to do with the windows installer service not running. I can't restart my computer at the moment to see if that fixes the error 14 message, but even if I could restart, it kind of misses the point of the error showing up anyway, as I've never seen that window popup before on previous versions of windows.

post-7048-125437282492_thumb.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ERROR_OUTOFMEMORY 14 (0xE) - Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. IT is a standard error for windows. BUT try to run CMD and use "net stop"+service name or net start + service name to start stop services. Run as Administrator! Also you could give a try to read this here: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx .

And try restarting the box. Try creating a new one. Start|Run|mmc|File|Add

Remove Snap-in|"services"|Add|Local

We're you performing some memory intensive tasks at the time of the error?

ERROR_OUTOFMEMORY 14 (0xE) - Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. IT is a standard error for windows. BUT try to run CMD and use "net stop"+service name or net start + service name to start stop services. Run as Administrator! Also you could give a try to read this here: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx .

And try restarting the box. Try creating a new one. Start|Run|mmc|File|Add

Remove Snap-in|"services"|Add|Local

Thanks for the info :)

We're you performing some memory intensive tasks at the time of the error?

I was, but then I quit the program, tried again, but still the same problem. In the end I restarted windows & it fixed it. But as I said, it's happened a few times before too.

Archived