[Solved] Notifications

I Am Negan

Whats with all the notifications for old topics? Im getting tons of them for topics that haven't been posted in as long time.:unsure:

• Replies 29
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing is normal with them. Today I got more than 100 old notifications:

Very old issue unsorted @nsaneforums

Example: Notification received " Just Now " :

kHIGsXH.png

The post in question was made on January, 16:

DxilpJ3.png

@Matt

It is so hard for you to understand that today is June, 13?

• Administrator

I know what today is all what you need is to show me what went wrong, no need for an extra reduces and useless questions .

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know what today is all what you need is to show me what went wrong, no need for an extra reduces and useless questions .

Well, if I would have made it first time, maybe I could have avoided the part with " useless questions " :

On 13/6/2018 at 3:17 AM, I Am Negan said:

Whats with all the notifications for old topics? Im getting tons of them for topics that haven't been posted in as long time.:unsure:

Me too! :o

When i logged in here after Nsane's downtime, my notification bell thingy at the top of the forum displayed over 800 new notifications.:lol:

TheEmpathicEar

MeToo. Email, site notifications not only out of sync, but many repeats as well.

21 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

MeToo. Email, site notifications not only out of sync, but many repeats as well.

And the bad thing is you can’t turn them off.

9 minutes ago, I Am Negan said:

And the bad thing is you can’t turn them off.

You can, as did I... I hope

1 hour ago, Atasas said:

You can, as did I... I hope

I am unchecked everything and it appeared to be off, but I still got tons of them

• Administrator

We can confirm the issue from others but like Matt, I too cannot re-produce it.

Right now we are not too sure what's causing it. I think it's IPB doing it's crap again here. But as a lot of things are being fixed, expect this to be fixed too. But please be patient about it.

7 minutes ago, I Am Negan said:

I am unchecked everything and it appeared to be off, but I still got tons of them

Got to click on notification settings ;)

37 minutes ago, Atasas said:

I didn't do the individual green switches. Lets see if that helps.

Hello, I do not know what happens to the forum but I are getting old notifications to my mail. I already received 2 today. Crazy Greetings!!!!!!!!

@solitario Just 2 notifications.... I got more than 10-12 old notifications when logged in hours ago.

Not just you, many others started getting these notifications after dark theme enabled and multiple times after downtime.

TheEmpathicEar
On 6/14/2018 at 1:37 PM, Atasas said:

Here's one example, http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/252378-office-2016-rtm-activation-via-phone-or-kms/, that I have been getting every so many minutes at this point. Can U explain/use images to explain how to disable notifications? And, does this work?

EDIT: For the above, this specific example, I clicked on the "Following" link, top right. Next, I clicked on "Do not send me any notifications" and unchecked "Let others see that I follow this". Finally, I clicked on the "Unfollow" link. This seems to have worked [again for this specific example]. And, doing this on a case-by-case way like this might be the best way forward?

knowledge-Spammer

i have so much i am thinking  of ways passed this so i no see nomore 

i have so much every 1min or so its just to much to keep up with  something must be wrong

in years i have never seen so much  like this plz someone help stop this bad bug  if i not login  for like 30 mins ill have about 500 more again and again :(

its like spam    something is wrong    if it cant  be fixed ill have to block things on this site  with adguard this i never want to do

its like time or date is off  or something like that

plus it seem Your browser has enabled desktop notifications, allowing us to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window.

is not working or it cant keep up for this i am glad

plus can admin click this back on

CJlorG0.png

3 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Here's one example, http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/252378-office-2016-rtm-activation-via-phone-or-kms/, that I have been getting every so many minutes at this point. Can U explain/use images to explain how to disable notifications? And, does this work?

I have unclicked most of them...

Works fine for me

knowledge-Spammer

it seems ok now i not have s much just 2day i have 18  that is much better  for me

• Matt locked this topic

Archived