GeForce Game Ready Driver 398.11

Karamjit

This is the latest WHQL driver for NVIDIA GeForce GPUs as well as TITAN desktop GPUs. NVIDIA GeForce drivers stand for compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. Updating your drivers ensures the best experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates for your NVIDIA product. Users of cards not supported in this release will find the latest drivers available for their card on the Download Page.

Download

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driver 398.11 slows down my Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 tremendously, with BitDefender AV Free Edition installed, reverting back to Driver 365.10, far more stable and appeared to run faster.

Not a "gamer" , but this driver works fine on latest Win10 x64............:D  !

There is another solution (which wasn't mentionned on this topic)

1. Extract the driver (filename = "398.11-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe") with one software such as 7-zip (etc)
  2. Then the inside the folder (called = "398.11-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql") remove the folder : NvTelemetry (and perhaps also NvContainer)

Because I had discover this a few days ago. In fact, after the installation is done, you can check the list of processus (only 2 intead of 3, I have count) and services (taskmgr.exe and services.msc).

There is nothing (the driver didn't install anything related to the nvidia telemetry).

PS : Don't try to remove the GeForce Experience itself (folders called GFExperience and GFExperience.NvStreamSrv). Otherwise you can't install it (it will block (or broke) the driver).

Archived