[Solved] Adblock Detection on websites

Jime234

There is this website of downloads which I stumbled upon yesterday,

which detected ABP and started displaying "Please disable your ad blocker"  page instead of the actual  web-page of downloads !

This very much motivated me to just install Adguard on my PC and see how it tackles with such stuff !

So I found the Adguard premium by @TheBig and installed it and then I visited the website again and this time too (with Adguard)  , the "disable your ad blocker" notification was persistent !

But with that there was this other new pop up saying that "this website is trying to install crypto mining" or something like that, and there were 2 buttons like "OK" and "Cancel" and it recommended to press the cancel button, and so I did.

The thing is, is there any way to make this website convinced that there is no ad-blocker installed on my PC ?

TIA !

BTW : The exact popups

"AdGuard has detected an attempt by this website to use your browser as a crypto-currency miner. It can create significant CPU load. Press "Cancel" to prevent it." (I pressed cancel)

We are collecting all the information about the websites engaged in hidden crypto-mining. Press "OK" to send an automatic report about this website. (I pressed OK)

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is obvious that the site is actively performing tests to see if you are using an adblocker.. 

Disable your ad blocker while on that site on just white the site's URL on the ad blocker

Or better yet don't visit that site:

Till we don't know anything about this website is very difficult to say, is there something possible to do or not. Usually is only one choice, not to visit this site anymore.
You may get many very clever recommendations, but most likely they do not work. At least I haven't found still anything that works.

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Please post the link to the site. ;)

Yeah, sure !

f z t v series .mobi

And, all I ever wanted was 480p, low size(~120MB), reasonable quality !

But turns out, this site does not have all of them, so I download whatever I get from this site and then I will go on the search for the remaining ones.

But, if you know any other better sites for this, then please do recommend.

I went on the site using my desktop PC and got no warning to disable my ad blocker.. I got a few on my browser

I'm on OPERA BROWSER have ghostery ublock0  violentmonkey, https everywhere, popup blocker strict

Went over to get to Ep 1 of Supergirl as a sample

http://www.fztvseries.mobi

/download.php?fileid=59030

BTW the video quality sucks ... so the site is MEH

I would say you should also look at adding more filter lists to your adguard such as NoCoin or barbBlock for starters.

Seems like a terrible website to be honest. Not sure what you want to download but there has got to be better websites. perhaps if you mention what you are after more specifically then someone here might be able to nudge you in the right direction.
If worse comes to worse is there a chance you could download a higher quality then compress them yourself?

Better to steer well clear of sites like that because if they are willing to take advantage of their visitors at this point there is no telling how far they would sink or what they are willing to do. (sounds harsh but its better to be safe than sorry)

1 hour ago, teodz1984 said:

I went on the site using my desktop PC and got no warning to disable my ad blocker.. I got a few on my browser

I'm on OPERA BROWSER have ghostery ublock0  violentmonkey, https everywhere, popup blocker strict

Went over to get to Ep 1 of Supergirl as a sample

http://www.fztvseries.mobi                         /download.php?fileid=59030                                                         BTW the video quality sucks ... so the site is MEH

Did you try the High MP4 ? or the avi ? Seems like u tried only the avi..

avi must be MEH ! But the High MP4 is not MEH enough for me, thats almost exactly what I wanted.

And, so you've got a few adblockers you say ? thats a lot of em.. I'll definitely try these out (I hope they wont conflict each other when used all at once),

TYSM 

1 hour ago, Jime234 said:

Yeah, sure !

f z t v series .mobi ....

You really cannot to do anything else unless you agree with the rules they have set and turn off all ad blockers or never visit this page anymore.
They don't detect Ghostery, zenMate, 7 Times Faster and maybe some more, but most of adblockers are detected and there is no way to see the main site, becase it isn't simply there. Everything will loaded using javascript and always the adblockers will be detected faster than  the other content of the site will be downloaded.
It seems to be very bad and slow site after all, and it isn't excluded, that You may get from this site something what You don't want to get.
It's Your choice, what way You will do. ?????

Downloading High MP4 slow as mollases...

am on  a  good internet connection yet download speeds are 0.25 mbps

4 hours ago, trufpal said:

Anti ad-block and crypto mining. Clearly they don't respect their users in any way.

If I were you, I'd never visit that website again. Just my 2 cents.

Well, if you insist you can try this.

https://jspenguin2017.github.io/uBlockProtector/

Don't ask, just read. Everything is written there.

thanks, I installed the protector and tried it with the site in question but didn't help, they use this: https://blockadblock.com/

12 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

Downloading High MP4 slow as mollases...

am on  a  good internet connection yet download speeds are 0.25 mbps

Sir, Kindly use link 2 or link 3, and tell me if any difference 

Sir, kindly go in and browse through inside pages and see

RtiqA4F.png

No problem here.

Also tested on chrome.

h0Sxtlc.png

5 hours ago, Jime234 said:
7 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Please post the link to the site. ;)

Yeah, sure !

f z t v series .mobi

And, all I ever wanted was 480p, low size(~120MB), reasonable quality !

But turns out, this site does not have all of them, so I download whatever I get from this site and then I will go on the search for the remaining ones.

8 hours ago, Jime234 said:

There is this website of downloads which I stumbled upon yesterday,

which detected ABP and started displaying "Please disable your ad blocker"  page instead of the actual  web-page of downloads !

This very much motivated me to just install Adguard on my PC and see how it tackles with such stuff !

So I found the Adguard premium by @TheBig and installed it and then I visited the website again and this time too (with Adguard)  , the "disable your ad blocker" notification was persistent !

Can you try using the following 4 rules in your User Filter:—

://$image,media,object,object-subrequest,other,script,websocket,xmlhttprequest,domain=fztvseries.mobi,app=firefox.exe
://$stylesheet,domain=fztvseries.mobi,third-party,app=firefox.exe
@@||fztvseries.mobi^$generichide,app=firefox.exe
fztvseries.mobi###M321728ScriptRootC217140

It's a malvertising site (you can't be disabling AdGuard — or, any ad. blocker) — have accordingly; crafted some aggressive rules (specifically for AdGuard,) which might block a bit more than what you bargained for (let us know if you need further assistance.) ;)

Bizarre™

If you have Firefox, install NoScript. Make sure not to allow the site and you should be able to browse and download like normal.

14 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Can you try using the following 4 rules in your User Filter:—

It's a malvertising site (you can't be disabling AdGuard — or, any ad. blocker) — have accordingly; crafted some aggressive rules (specifically for AdGuard,) which might block a bit more than what you bargained for (let us know if you need further assistance.) ;)

Damn Bro ! That pretty much nailed it ! You are God ! TYSM !

One Question though : How to apply these rules to all the browsers ?

And as I said that this site does not provide all the episodes, I found this site : o2 tv series .com which claims to have all the episodes but then it has that super annoying captcha going on, I've never made it beyond that page !

So, If you or any other nsane member knows about a website which provides all the episodes (480p, low size(~120MB), reasonable quality),

please do share it here.

PS: I've found some indexes for this but they too do not have all the episodes and they are larger in size. 

26 minutes ago, Jime234 said:

One Question though : How to apply these rules to all the browsers ?

It's just a simple matter of using the main executable of the browser (instead of firefox.exe) — check out the following rules (as an example for Internet explorer):—

://$image,media,object,object-subrequest,other,script,websocket,xmlhttprequest,domain=fztvseries.mobi,app=iexplore.exe
://$stylesheet,domain=fztvseries.mobi,third-party,app=iexplore.exe
@@||fztvseries.mobi^$generichide,app=iexplore.exe

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

It's just a simple matter of using the main executable of the browser (instead of firefox.exe) — check out the following rules (as an example for Internet explorer):—

So you mean, its on e browser at a time ?

I was thinking  more like : 

://$stylesheet,domain=fztvseries.mobi,third-party,app=iexplore.exe,firefox.exe,chrome.exe,vivaldi.exe

No ?

I was thinking  more like :

://$stylesheet,domain=fztvseries.mobi,third-party,app=iexplore.exe,firefox.exe,chrome.exe,vivaldi.exe

No ?

Oh yes, you can add as many browsers as you wish to the same rule.

jimbojet2011

My Avira Pro blocked the website (that's bad)

B)

5 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Oh yes, you can add as many browsers as you wish to the same rule.

I don't know if you are serious or kidding but I'll give it a try anyway  

It did not work

It did work but only with the following syntax :

://$image,media,object,object-subrequest,other,script,websocket,xmlhttprequest,domain=fztvseries.mobi,app=chrome.exe,app=firefox.exe 
://$stylesheet,domain=fztvseries.mobi,third-party,app=chrome.exe,app=firefox.exe
@@||fztvseries.mobi^$generichide,app=chrome.exe,app=firefox.exe 

Archived