Jump to content

Laptop Memory Identification


sscsr1

Recommended Posts

I am inventorying a box of computer parts for someone and I am having trouble finding anything on these. I need some help from someone smarter than me to id them please.

Memory.jpg.0ec24b380cf3fadf1fdb243befd71dfa.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this is better? The first one is hard to read even with a magnifying glass.

5b099bf802860_mem2.thumb.jpg.43273bf95da26c8445092f582e576384.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sscsr1 said:

I am inventorying a box of computer parts for someone and I am having trouble finding anything on these. I need some help from someone smarter than me to id them please.

Memory.jpg.0ec24b380cf3fadf1fdb243befd71dfa.jpg

 

SODIMM 8 GB DDR III (SODIMM for Small Outline Dual In-line Memory Module)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

 

SODIMM 8 GB DDR III (SODIMM for Small Outline Dual In-line Memory Module )

So just a generic 8 GB ddr III ?If so what would you think it's worth? He is wanting to sell this stuff.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you post the top left model number please? It looks like OM1024641280080, but I get no results with Google.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

straycat19

That looks like a Dell EMC memory chip.  To clarify, it looks like an EMC chip.  Dell bought EMC in 2016.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ajdibi said:

Can you post the top left model number please? It looks like OM1024641280080, but I get no results with Google.

Sorry for the wait. Was installing a new dishwasher for the wife.

This is the best I can make it. I couldn't find anything on Google either that's why I posted here. It's a tough one for me at least.

 5b09dc5e261b8_Memory3.thumb.jpg.74d5d11bac43b8d75511038bc257e9c1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

straycat19

Best I can make out the part number is CM10R4(B or 8)41280080.  I don't think the first letter is an O but a C.  I tried different iterations using C or O and B or 8 but the part number doesn't match anything.  Next I enlarged your first scan so I could read the code on the memory chip (512X8DDR3 K 1714) but that doesn't provide a manufacturer's name or code.  Best guess is still based on the logo, and though it is blurred it looks like the old emc with a line thru it.  Since you are considering selling it I hope you have at least two of them that are identical, since one is worthless.  Used and still working I would ask $50 for the pair.  You could ask for more but the chips on the SODIMMs seem to be very generic, so their actual specs and timing probably aren't that good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, straycat19 said:

Best I can make out the part number is CM10R4(B or 8)41280080.  I don't think the first letter is an O but a C.  I tried different iterations using C or O and B or 8 but the part number doesn't match anything.  Next I enlarged your first scan so I could read the code on the memory chip (512X8DDR3 K 1714) but that doesn't provide a manufacturer's name or code.  Best guess is still based on the logo, and though it is blurred it looks like the old emc with a line thru it.  Since you are considering selling it I hope you have at least two of them that are identical, since one is worthless.  Used and still working I would ask $50 for the pair.  You could ask for more but the chips on the SODIMMs seem to be very generic, so their actual specs and timing probably aren't that good.

That sounds great. I wasn't thinking even that much. I have 2 sets of 2 new in package except for the one half of the package I opened to see the info on it. I will tell him what you all said and thank you for all the replies. This guy inherited a bunch of stuff I have been sorting for him like new WD Blue SSD drives, 3 Getac Rugged laptops, 2 panasonic toughbooks, some batteries, dvd drives and more. I have been able to sort most of it for him but these little buggers really stumped me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can use this tool https://www.nsanedown.com/?request=48541878 

 

The brand is not really important the sticker is most likely a stuck on it by the laptop manufacturer to prevent you from memory instead of a different and cheaper brand.
This is just like with Dell and Acer just to earn you.
However, it is wise to immediately replace all your memories.
Incidentally, this concerns 8 memory chips of 512 mb 512 * 8 is a more common indication.

You will also be surprised that there are only a few manufacturers and what I have understood are four but they make chips that are used by other brands and sold under a lot of different brands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CM10R4(B or 8)41280080 wrong

CM1024B412(B/8)0080 def a 2 look at the what you called R and then the 2 look the same to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

Storage Wars?

 

I think death in the family.

 

7 hours ago, tigertje said:

You can use this tool https://www.nsanedown.com/?request=48541878 

 

The brand is not really important the sticker is most likely a stuck on it by the laptop manufacturer to prevent you from memory instead of a different and cheaper brand.
This is just like with Dell and Acer just to earn you.
However, it is wise to immediately replace all your memories.
Incidentally, this concerns 8 memory chips of 512 mb 512 * 8 is a more common indication.

You will also be surprised that there are only a few manufacturers and what I have understood are four but they make chips that are used by other brands and sold under a lot of different brands.

Thanks I will check this out. I was going to try one of them in my wife's laptop (dell) because it only has one slot and will max out @8gb but then Straycat said using just one would be worthless so I guess I will not mess with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/26/2018 at 12:42 PM, Jordan said:

 

SODIMM 8 GB DDR III (SODIMM for Small Outline Dual In-line Memory Module)

 

Yes :) Exactly, also the image says DDRIII 1600 so, it's 1600 MHz (DDR3)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...