Which Bittorent is the best

Chaos17

WHICH BITTORENT IS THE BEST?

which client finds the most seeder(that mean sources right?) which does?

which one downloads the fastest and which one has the best security? which is the most secure?

i am using Bitcommet at the moment is that good enough?

• Replies 24
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Here is a simple summary

Clients are clients they do not necessarily find 'more seeds/peers' over other clients. They are simply there to manage and download them, it depends on the Torrent ITSELF of house many Seeders/Peers there are.

Speed, again depends on the amount of Seeders/Peers/Your own Connection, although there are different configurations on each Client, they all still depend on the amount of Seeders/Peers/Your connection.

Bitcomet is a very good client along with Azureus and now the oh so popular uTorrent.

It is all your preference.

You probably want to look for a client that has a lot of "core" features.. Like DHT, UPnP support, one TCP listening port, Support Multi-tracker etc etc.. Azureus, uTorrent and BitComet are three that have these features.. I personally would go with uTorrent as its small yet feature filled. It also has a RSS feature, IP blocker and encryption capabilities..

http://www.utorrent.com

I myself use both Azureus and Utorrent. I go for Utorrent if you lack minimum ram of 1GB. Max ram usage is 20k under heavy load, 6-10k under medium and 3k under light. As for Azureuse it uses 67k under light and goes on up to 200k if needed for heavy load with many torrents. Utorrent is simple and sweet but Azureus has numerous nifty configurable options accompanied by sweet GUI. On the other hand if your bandwidth is being shaped (aka throttled), use BitComet since it has the so called End to End Encryption to bypass ISP's that thorttle your downloads through BT.

I myself use both Azureus and Utorrent. I go for Utorrent if you lack minimum ram of 1GB. Max ram usage is 20k under heavy load, 6-10k under medium and 3k under light. As for Azureuse it uses 67k under light and goes on up to 200k if needed for heavy load with many torrents. Utorrent is simple and sweet but Azureus has numerous nifty configurable options accompanied by sweet GUI. On the other hand if your bandwidth is being shaped (aka throttled), use BitComet since it has the so called End to End Encryption to bypass ISP's that thorttle your downloads through BT.

u mean Mbs right

I use Bitomet as its easy to configure the proxy settings...

Utorrent and Azureus both have encryption (they are also compatable with each other too)..

Does BitComet have encryption? Cause I dont recall it does.. And if it does, im sure its not compatable with utorrent and azureus. :)

u mean Mbs right

I use Bitomet as its easy to configure the proxy settings...

I'm referring to what it shows me on Task Manager but yes its MB if you would prefer it that way :rolleyes:

Utorrent and Azureus both have encryption (they are also compatable with each other too)..

Does BitComet have encryption? Cause I dont recall it does.. And if it does, im sure its not compatable with utorrent and azureus. wink.gif

Possible though I'm not too sure of it. I only personally don't delve deep in its configurations unless need be if there is a problem. All in all, all I know is that Comet can bypass ISP throttle (v0.62)

I have BitComet and uTorrent installed here but I use BitComet because it works best for me, and I don't have any real reason to switch permantently to uTorrent at the moment.

Though, since BitComet eats up resources on my comp after a while, I use uTorrent for the occasional massive slow torrent which takes days on end.

so the ones i should stay with is Bitcomet and Utorrents

does Utorrents have any extra feature to bitcomet?

wat is rss feature and does bitcomet have it as well?

Try them both for yourself. It's whatever works best FOR YOU, not for anyone else.

I suppose the bonus to uTorrent is that it is a standalone, no-installation app. Very small size and memory footprint. I don't know it's features since I hardly use it.

BitComet, again I don't know it's features inside out but it does what I need it to do- download torrents.

Do a bit of research on both the apps, and try them out for yourself. That's the only way you'll ever know what works best for you.

so the ones i should stay with is Bitcomet and Utorrents

does Utorrents have any extra feature to bitcomet?

wat is rss feature and does bitcomet have it as well?

A lot of trackers ban BitComet because it didnt hold up the privacy flag in torrents. The lastest version of bitcomet fixed the bug but some trackers probably still have it banned. Another reason.. RSS feeds... and encryption compatable with Azureus.. Small size.. no install... nice easter egg.. etc etc etc ;)

they still have it banned because it has shady share ratio settings, but yes, the private tracker and DHT thing is fixed :P

• 2 weeks later...

Which Bittorent is the best? You will never get the same answer, but some of the best are BitComet, uTorrent, and Azureus, it all depends on your system and what features you like to have.

Thanks. :)

Which Bittorent is the best? You will never get the same answer, but some of the best are BitComet, uTorrent, and Azureus, it all depends on your system and what features you like to have.

Thanks. :sneaky:

also note its the quality of the updates too. sometimes they drop the ball and one has to move on to another.

• 4 weeks later...

Does BotTorrent4.4.1 use "Protocol Encryption"?

designed to bypass throttling and/or blocking of BitTorrent traffic by an ISP

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NthDegree

Use bitspirit and listen on either port 443 or 1863, they are the least likely ports to be slow.

Using common service ports like those naturally used to receive inbound like the port opened by MSN during video conversation won't be slowed by your ISP (or is less likely to be slowed).

• 2 weeks later...

BitComet-yep, but must eficient for me turns out to be ARES!- quickest, most accurate that is

Migt be in the wrong place, but in wifi paid conection( ones like airports & town centers in uk) is getting fooled by LimeWire!. that is instead of not allowing me to get to the net I'm using this conection to download music fast and free and with no limits :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived