eset smart security 4.0.467 hitch eatin up processor ...

majithia23

hey techies ,

m a newbie , tryin out n learnin out .!

i just upgraded my eset anti virus 4.0.437 to d new eset smart security 4.0.437 available .

used d box fix .

its workin fine , upgradin regularly .

wat is troublin is dat it took 10+ hrs to scan my 250 gigs hard drive ,,, ( in contrast to 2.5 to 3 hrs taken by previous eset ) ,,,, n also wen it is performin a scan , d processor clocks 80 to 100 % load ,,,,, again in contrast to max 60 % i noticed with eset anti virus 4.0.437 ....

n d moment u pause or stop d scan , d clock returns to normal !!!

my processor is nt a prob , its a dual core amd at 2.5 ghz wid 3 gigs of ram .

wat could be d problem ?

any help ?

or is it normal ?

any solution ....

thanx !

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bearoninternet

Well if this wasnt the case with just AV it sure aint normal.

I would suggest uninstalling the suite, reinstall av and see if all goes back to normal.

Make your own conclusions then.

Keep in mind this is the first suite eset brought to the market. ;)

hey techies ,

m a newbie , tryin out n learnin out .!

i just upgraded my eset anti virus 4.0.437 to d new eset smart security 4.0.437 available .

used d box fix .

its workin fine , upgradin regularly .

wat is troublin is dat it took 10+ hrs to scan my 250 gigs hard drive ,,, ( in contrast to 2.5 to 3 hrs taken by previous eset ) ,,,, n also wen it is performin a scan , d processor clocks 80 to 100 % load ,,,,, again in contrast to max 60 % i noticed with eset anti virus 4.0.437 ....

n d moment u pause or stop d scan , d clock returns to normal !!!

my processor is nt a prob , its a dual core amd at 2.5 ghz wid 3 gigs of ram .

wat could be d problem ?

any help ?

or is it normal ?

any solution ....

thanx !

In order to install the new security suite you have to completely uninstall any previous version. Also you have to remove any other security elements- antispyware, malware, etc. Then try to clean registry....and finally install the new version.

What is happening to you is completley irregular.....so something must have gone wrong with the process of installation, that for sure. -_-

I would suggest uninstalling the suite, reinstall av and see if all goes back to normal.

Sorry to disagree with you but this is not the first security suite Eset has brought to the market. Eset Smart Security has existed for a long time....at least I started using it in March last year, instead of the Eset Nod I used to have.

bearoninternet

Sorry to disagree with you but this is not the first security suite Eset has brought to the market. Eset Smart Security has existed for a long time....at least I started using it in March last year, instead of the Eset Nod I used to have.

No problem, i forgot they introduced it at v3 -_-.

I tried it as a beta at 3, which didnt work for me, and again at the introduction of v4 (which caused me many headaches :frusty:).

I'll take my words back. But even still though, if i read about problems about eset, 99 out of a 100 times its about the suite.

Our local business softwareprovider at work even stopped support and sales for the suite and advises just eset Av or Antivira suite.

But hey, if it works for you it works for me. ^_^

@ majithia23; keep us posted

@ kunfuste .

In order to install the new security suite you have to completely uninstall any previous version. Also you have to remove any other security elements- antispyware, malware, etc. Then try to clean registry....and finally install the new version.

What is happening to you is completley irregular.....so something must have gone wrong with the process of installation, that for sure.

before installin dis suite , i completely unfixed previous eset av , uninstalled it n den cleared d registry .

suite installed ok n is updatin but messes up in a scan ! :angry:

i m usin lavasoft pro antispyware and malware bytes pro .

malware bytes is good in dat it blocks malicious i.p. addresses .

these were there even wen i ws usin eset av , dint couse a problem den !!

could they be a problem ?

n even i wnt to uninstall dis suite n try only d av , bt since nsane home page is down , dnt knw , frm where to dwnload d 4.0.467 version , or in fact i ws just waitin fr some help wid dis suite :unsure:

wat do d experts recommend ??

n one thing i noticed is dat , initially d scan starts ok , dat is it doesnt eats d processor , bt as it approaches around 50 % after almost an hr , it starts to freak out .

d cpu clocks 80 to 90 % n it takes 9 to 10 hrs more to complete d scan ..... damn . :frusty:

• Administrator

At first I thought that it would be many processes runnin in the background. Does it happens when scannin a specific file or any files after scan runnin for a hour or so. Well it's in a way normal to go to 100% while scannin the computer. It's more a problem if it happens when the AV is runnin in background.

Make sure you have disabled Advance Heuristics.

Being using Lavasoft Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition and Malwarebytes together with Eset Smart Security is not a problem if you have install them after the Eset,because I am using them myself in the machine I test programmes and it is an excellent combination, believe me. That is no slowing down your machine and don't lay the blame on Eset Smart....there must be another problem in your P.C.

It is difficult to understand your English too. Sorry but I can say no more. Bye.

Being using Lavasoft Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition and Malwarebytes together with Eset Smart Security is not a problem if you have install them after the Eset,because I am using them myself in the machine I test programmes and it is an excellent combination, believe me. That is no slowing down your machine and don't lay the blame on Eset Smart....there must be another problem in your P.C.

It is difficult to understand your English too. Sorry but I can say no more. Bye.

hey , kunfutse ,

dont knw which part u dint get in my english . it ws simple . no offences bt i ll keep it more simple : )

yes totally agree wid u dat ad aware n malwarebytes with eset is a good combination . been usin it for last 6 months , n it dint let me down .

it has kept my pc clean .

but the trouble started only after i updated my eset av to eset smart security 4.467.

dnt knw wat happened .

n yes one more thing ,

i just unfixed n uninstalled the eset av .

did nt fiddle wid ad aware and malwarebytes .

dat is u sayin dat these shuld b installed after installin eset ss ,,

they were installed in my pc before installin eset ss..

dont know where is d trouble ???

should i shift back to only eset av ???

At first I thought that it would be many processes runnin in the background. Does it happens when scannin a specific file or any files after scan runnin for a hour or so. Well it's in a way normal to go to 100% while scannin the computer. It's more a problem if it happens when the AV is runnin in background.

dont know wat file is the eset scannin wen d cpu clocks 100%, coz its a scheduled task i hv manually added ( a full computer scan ).

i just noticed , it starts allrght , bt reaches 100% somewhere after 40 to 60 mins .

n at dat moment , it is runnin in background !!

n keeps between 70 to 100 % untill it finishes bt

it keeps on scannin , keeps on scannin ,n scannin , ...........

untill i manually hv to pause or stop it ,

to do some more imprtant work .

n one more thing , the eset ss just froze , d last time i paused it n showed no response even wen i clicked on stop !!!

n yes i did chck ,

advanced heuristics is nt chcked .

dnt wat d trouble could be?

any help...

• Administrator

By not understanding the English he may mean, dat instead of that, u instead of you, wid instead of with etc.

Well even felt some trouble readin it. I recommend you to use proper grammatical words nothing else. We can understand internet slang but not so different words. Well just requesting, please don't mind.

EDIT: First remove ESET SS and use ESET AV only.

By not understanding the English he may mean, dat instead of that, u instead of you, wid instead of with etc.

Well even felt some trouble readin it. I recommend you to use proper grammatical words nothing else. We can understand internet slang but not so different words. Well just requesting, please don't mind.

EDIT: First remove ESET SS and use ESET AV only.

my mistake .it's just the hurry of typing. darn these sms n internet messengers !!. even i dont realize it when m typing that m makin the beautiful english words ugly to see n read ! :D

n thanks for the prompt reply dkt27 .

yes i too , think of uninstalling ss n turning back to eset av .

n moreover the nsane homepage is alive n kickin .

thumbs up to admins !!

will just download n install the av n lets see wat happens ...

No problem, i forgot they introduced it at v3 -_-.

I tried it as a beta at 3, which didnt work for me, and again at the introduction of v4 (which caused me many headaches :frusty:).

I'll take my words back. But even still though, if i read about problems about eset, 99 out of a 100 times its about the suite.

Our local business softwareprovider at work even stopped support and sales for the suite and advises just eset Av or Antivira suite.

But hey, if it works for you it works for me. ^_^

@ majithia23; keep us posted

all right guys , here s what i did now .

unfixed , uninstalled n deleted every trace of eset smart security from my pc.

installed eset av 4.467 , fixed it n now here it is .

everythings back to normal . :)

the scan took just 4 hrs and a max load of 60 to 80 % and that also momentarily ,that is only in between . ( an avg load being around 40 to 60 % )

n yes ad aware and malwarebyte are also running along with ! B)

something was wrong with eset smart security , dont know , but somethng was .....

but m glad everything is back to normal ........... :D

thanks guys for ur help .....

• Administrator

Glad you got it right. :D

BTW what OS and 86X or 64X did you mentioned?

allright ,

i just had a chat with shought on a message.

even he could not figure what was wrong but yes he did pointed out to a major memory leak in dis eset smart security .

and mara also told him about it .

and as shought said , lets just wait for the next smart security update n then we ll try it out . :)

for now m at peace ! :D

m using eset av on 32-bit (x86) version of Vista. basic

• Administrator

I heard mara- mentionin a memory leak but I think that was in Win7. ANW all's well that ends well. :)

and as shought said , lets just wait for the next smart security update n then we ll try it out . :)

Next ESS update was a week ago xDDDDD

You were using a (very) old version.

Next ESS update was a week ago xDDDDD

You were using a (very) old version.

ok..

i was usin the new update .

eset smart security 4.0.467.

and in fact i had even never tried ss before ,

i had been using just the eset av for the last 6 months.

and it was workin awesome untill i upgraded to ss in this update !!

this one , dint work for me ...( could be the memory leak problem ....)

i ll wait for the next ,

until that ,as dkt puts it , alls well that ends well !

keep up...

Archived