Posting full link in CODE BOX Violate or Not?

shwescorpion

Posting full link in CODE BOX Violate or Not?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Posting full link in CODE BOX Violate or Not?

• Yes
    • No

shwescorpion

Then, What is the purpose of CODE BOX?

what I understand about the CODE BOX is preventing the link text to hyperlink itself.

At some forum, when u put the link in plain text, it hyperlink itself to the link u posted.

In that case, when the ppl click on that link, the target site saw the traffics were coming from the forum.

To prevent this put the link in CODE BOX and ppl want to go the link then they have to copy the link and put in the browser's address bar.

So the target site got the traffic is coming from all over the world and not from the forum.

If the CODE BOX is useless then option out from the menu bar of the posting.

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@shwescorpion

sorry to say that so direct but it sounds for me like you understand  nothing

1. did you ever try to quote a formatted text like a nfo / script etc? the text retains its formatting only in the code box
  2. the sharecode prevents the link from been read / identified as link from robots / spiders. The only similar function in other forum software is the [hide] option 

and if you don't like the way how this forum works you are free to leave and make you one forum elsewhere

W use CODE BOX if you do some code such as any of the programming languages, batch and vbs scripts, registry exports 

Y̵̨̛͙̱̟̪̯͚̾̽̍̓͌͜͞ę̱͍̟̞̱̠́̊̊͋͊s̨̨̬͉̪̰̩͓̃̅̐̈̕͘͟ s̶̛̮̜̟͉͕͈̺̏́̑̉̕͟͟o̴͈̤̘͉̘̼͋̊͌̀̒m̵̡̛͖̞̻͍̙̲͑̐͆́͊̉͡͞e̼̩̟̻̗̔́̇͑͛̎̇̐́̓͢ͅ o͙̹̪̗͕̮͔̮͛̈͂̉̒͢͜͝f̢̧̰̦͓͓͖̟͂̋̒͐͂͡ ư̴̯̝͕̮̱̤̌͗̈̋͋̾͒͡s̷̥͚̯̫͙̣̹̩̓̔̂̓̕͞e̡̢̹̝̩̎̄̏̐̽́͛ d̵̢̘̝̘̖̈́̏̂̐̿̅̀͡͝ǫ̷̗͔̲̪̻̪̽͋̇̈́̀̃̚͜ d̶̡̝̭̥̰̪̤̤̩͂̋̈̑͒͢͝a̶̝̪̺̺̹͇̥̘͍̔̆̓͗̾̎̓̄̿̎b̴̨͔͉̜̥͌̒̄̌̍̂̕͡b̧̢͕͙̤̙̍̀̔͂̒͡͝b̷̨̥̥͍͉̱͂̉̌̏͑̐̌̓͘͠ļ̶̧̧͖̹̯̖́̈̍͐͊̂ê̩͔̜̟̺̼̜͉͚͋͆́̄͡͞ͅ i̵̡͇͙͖̘̦̫̝̓̿̊̇̇̐͒ṉ̴̹̻͔̹̖̝͛̈́͑̉͋́̉͊ ĉ̨̳̩͉̮͂̋̎̉̓̌̾͟͢͠o̴͚̱͔̳̔͗̿̽̋̐̋̆̎͜͡d̢̛͈̰̠̮̦̭̈̐͛̓͢i͇̜̯̦̬̐͗̍͐͑̽̀͠͝n̷̼̫͈̩̄́̄͛̓̔̾͢͠g̙͉̘̭̫͎͛͗̽̏͒̚ t̢̟͎̭̳̜̿̐̐͒̉̓̽̀õ̶̧̙̞̬͈̘̦͌̊̌͊̊̊̄͠o̴̲͍̲̱͕̜̲͍͆͊̃̉̀̒̔̌͢͝͞ ̪̦̤̙̅̒͗͋̉̿̀̑͘͟

We didn't have this probem when we had the Sharecode button that did the splicing of the url into the appropriate sharecode... 

BOARD ADMINS  should put that thing back along with other features lost in the upgrade.....

shwescorpion

I'm talking about putting the link in CODE BOX.

Does it not enough?

why do I still need sharecode to use in that CODE BOX? In which the link is just the plain text.

Forget it ....

59 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

Nooe because your text can still be harvested by search bots using  regex

that's what I said -> the sharecode prevents the link from been read / identified as link from robots / spiders. The only similar function in other forum software is the [hide] option 

and because the missing Sharecode button I miss it but it is easy to life without, I have a nfo with such content

Site: http://mirr.re
Sharecode: 

Site: https://www.multifilemirror.com/
Sharecode: 

Site: https://mirrorace.com
Sharecode: 

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: 

Site: https://peeplink.in
Sharecode: 

for copy / paste

mods and admins here have been trying for days to explain on this thread, and at least one other thread, to the original poster on WHY share codes are required here and only share codes... we would like the original poster to stay on the site and contribute.... he does seem to have a lot to offer...but nobody wants him to stay here and argue with everyone and call them names over such minor issues... hard enough to run a site at the best of times  and hader still when someones just wants to argue

straycat19
On 5/21/2018 at 6:39 AM, Alanon said:

Members are reminded to respect copyrights. As such, any links or posts containing illegal content are not permitted.

So start following the rules.  Just like any organization you can't just enforce the rules you want to, you need to enforce them all.  

shwescorpion

I think I'm in the wrong path to give u guys a message that I wanted u to know.

Since I join the forum and when I start posting,

I put the link in CODE BOX.

This is my first post with the link in CODE BOX.

And thisthis one, another one, still

All are dated back in 2017 and no Mods are telling me I need to use sharecode to post the link.

Now one moron bump my post and tell me "next time" , some edit happy ppl edited my post.

(If I were, I'll report to Mods and won't bump ppl post. That is the correct way.)

My question is why now on that post?

(Pls don't tell me that u guys didn't see my posts. When I was a Mod at appznet , I didn't miss out single post to read. Thanks to Chief@appznet who brought me behind the curtain.)

If some Mods tell me from my first post , I may not bring until here.

Well ..... I think the case is over.

20 hours ago, dMog said:

mods and admins here have been trying for days to explain on this thread, and at least one other thread, to the original poster on WHY share codes are required here and only share codes... we would like the original poster to stay on the site and contribute.... he does seem to have a lot to offer...but nobody wants him to stay here and argue with everyone and call them names over such minor issues... hard enough to run a site at the best of times  and hader still when someones just wants to argue

The best mature and reasonable thought, Sir.

21 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

Nope because your text can still be harvested by search bots using  regex

Tell me more about consequences.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, shwescorpion said:

I think I'm in the wrong path to give u guys a message that I wanted u to know.

Since I join the forum and when I start posting,

I put the link in CODE BOX.

This is my first post with the link in CODE BOX.

And thisthis one, another one, still

All are dated back in 2017 and no Mods are telling me I need to use sharecode to post the link.

Now one moron bump my post and tell me "next time" , some edit happy ppl edited my post.

(If I were, I'll report to Mods and won't bump ppl post. That is the correct way.)

My question is why now on that post?

(Pls don't tell me that u guys didn't see my posts. When I was a Mod at appznet , I didn't miss out single post to read. Thanks to [email protected] who brought me behind the curtain.)

If some Mods tell me from my first post , I may not bring until here.

Well ..... I think the case is over.

The best mature and reasonable thought, Sir.

Tell me more about consequences.

Let me reply to your questions here.

We at nsane.forums rely on members to report posts which either break the Guidelines or need staff attention. This is because we cannot reach and read each and every posts made here. All your posts you have linked, however, unfortunately, were never reported to us by anyone, nor did any of the staff noticed it. I have now sharecoded them.

Why that post in the download manager topic then you must ask. The reason is not the member point it out, but we specifically got a report about that post not having a sharecode and we acted on it. If we would have seen that post, we would have sharecoded it without need for anyone reporting it.

While I do not personally know who is Chief and is he a member here but, I'm sure he would agree to it.

Things are quite different these days, we get notices from developers who specifically come here just by searching for links posted here. We have to comply with them. If all members do not sharecode the links, half of this forums is have posts deleted or the forums closed completely.

There are three things I must also mention. All members are requested to read the Guidelines when joining and sharecoding the most important part of the Guidelines. Second is sharecoding used to be easy, but a button made for it got broken in an IPB upgrade which means we have to do it manually now, something we are working on. Third is, a good point is mentioned about mini-moderating, its right, from now on we will try to enforce that rule further preventing anyone from mini-moderating on the forums.

Archived