Dean213

Dean213

What scandal? Facebook usage actually increased after Cambridge Analytica

It appears #DeleteFacebook didn't really do much

• Replies 7
  • Views 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he's big enough, nothing will stop him. It will continue to dominate and will be the social network of always. Until another one comes out offering more up-to-date services.

Dean213
18 minutes ago, KRS said:

If he's big enough, nothing will stop him. It will continue to dominate and will be the social network of always. Until another one comes out offering more up-to-date services.

I agree, however, if another Social Network comes to the forefront, it will in all probability be owned by Facebook or Google. :)

I can't stand social net's, I am a one-on-one type of d00d.

I don't do facebook, twitter or myspace, not interested in that thing.

However social net's are another manipulation tool.

9 hours ago, Dino101 said:

I agree, however, if another Social Network comes to the forefront, it will in all probability be owned by Facebook or Google. :)

It already has the other one all the younger generation  uses is owned by Facebook that Instagram . I'm like Lee  I dont do social networks only i sometimes use reddit under a anonymous throwaway account using tor browser + a VPN  because some may call me antisocial   and ban me  for freedom of speech .:lol:

Dean213
6 minutes ago, steven36 said:

It already has the other one all the younger generation  uses is owned by Facebook that Instagram . I'm like Lee  I dont do social networks only i sometimes use reddit under a anonymous throwaway account using tor browser + a VPN  because some may call me antisocial   and ban me  for freedom of speech .:lol:

Thank you for your comment :) .

When I referred to a competing Social Network, I meant one in forma specifica to that of Facebook. I verily believe that if Facebook and Instagram were the same in form and specification, then Facebook would not have created and/or owned it ,  as same would have  been counter-productive.

28 minutes ago, Dino101 said:

Thank you for your comment :) .

When I referred to a competing Social Network, I meant one in forma specifica to that of Facebook. I verily believe that if Facebook and Instagram were the same in form and specification, then Facebook would not have created and/or owned it ,  as same would have  been counter-productive.

Well many  of the young people left Facebook for Instagram they did not invent it they bought  Instagram  for 1 billon they did not create it but still there data is being harvested by Facebook  the other one that they use Snapchat is not owned by Facebook at all but i dont trust no Social networks. Before they was these we all used chat rooms  witch i left years back if you want to talk too me i use a open source chat platform with open source end to end encryption . I don't even use Gmail , Live mail or Yahoo anymore.

'Parents killed it': why Facebook is losing its teenage users

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/16/parents-killed-it-facebook-losing-teenage-users

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2012/apr/09/facebook-buys-instagram-mark-zuckerberg

Young people look at facebook as a old folks home that there parents use and it's not cool to be on the same platform as there parents so its the older generation that is keeping facebook  alive. Mark Zuckerberg  and his followers are  old compared to the kids today.  The younger ones have been leaving for years now.

Dean213

@steven36 Well the only reason I responded, initially, was because you were trying to give me the proverbial " touché " on a comment I made.  It seems that you think that I did not know that Facebook owns Instagram.  Furthermore, I did not say that Facebook invented Instagram, I said, and I quote,  " ....then Facebook would not have created and/or owned it ,  as same would have  been counter-productive."   The use of and/or makes the words "created" and "owned" discretionary.  Gosh dude, are you for real!! [and I am not asking a question, thanks]

Archived