Police Forces Around Europe Hit Pirate IPTV Operation

steven36

More than 150 law enforcement officers in Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Spain have coordinated to dismantle a large pirate IPTV operation. TV channel sources, which were spread among companies, commercial premises and even private homes, were targeted in dozens of locations. The investigation focused on 49 suspects, five of whom were arrested and taken into custody.

https://s7d5.turboimg.net/sp/ad55e4ad6cb7a53ceaa174518a65a7a7/_35.jpg

Once upon a time, torrent and web streaming sites were regularly in the headlines while being targeted by the authorities. With the rise of set-top box streaming, actions against pirate IPTV operations are more regularly making the news.

In an operation coordinated by the public prosecutor’s office in Rome, 150 officers of the Provincial Command of the Guardia di Finanza (GdF) this week targeted what appears to be a fairly large unauthorized IPTV provider.

Under the banner Operation Spinoff, in Italy, more than 50 searches were carried out in 20 provinces of 11 regions. Five people were arrested. Elsewhere in Europe – in Switzerland, Germany and Spain – the Polizei Basel-Landschaft, the Kriminal Polizei and the Policia Nacional coordinated to execute warrants.

A small selection of the service on offer

https://s7d2.turboimg.net/sp/a09d87bcefef7a356cb68c1a5ddbb53b/gdf-iptv1-e1526493242629.png

“Through technical and ‘in-the-field’ investigations and the meticulous reconstruction of financial flows, carried out mainly through prepaid credit cards or payment web platforms, investigators have reconstructed the activity of a pyramid-like criminal structure dedicated to the illegal decryption and diffusion of pay-per-view television content through the Internet,” the GdF said in a statement.

Italian authorities report that the core of the IPTV operation were its sources of original content and channels. These were located in a range of diverse locations such as companies, commercial premises, garages and even private homes. Inside each location was equipment to receive, decrypt and capture signals from broadcasters including Sky TV.

Italian police examine hardware

https://s7d1.turboimg.net/sp/a58f596fe51e0314b4372e5da4aba725/gdf-iptv2-e1526493316456.png

These signals were collected together to form a package of channels which were then transmitted via the Internet and sold to the public in the form of an IPTV subscription. Packages were reportedly priced between 15 and 20 euros per month.

It’s estimated that between the 49 individuals said to be involved in the operation, around one million euros was generated. All are suspected of copyright infringement and money laundering offenses. Of the five Italian citizens reported to be at the core of the operations, four were taken into custody and one placed under house arrest.

Reports identify the suspects as: ‘AS’, born 1979 and residing in Lorrach, Germany. ‘RM’, born 1987 and living in Sarno, Italy. ‘LD’, born 1996 and also living in Sarno, Italy. ‘GP’, born 1990, living in Pordenone, Italy. And ‘SM’, born 1981 and living in Zagarolo, Italy.

More hardware

https://s7d2.turboimg.net/sp/18d6d2e1a87c462271ac8e8876d6629e/gdf-iptv3-e1526493393386.png

Players at all levels of the business are under investigation, from the sources who decrypted the signals to the sellers and re-sellers of the content to end users. Also under the microscope are people said to have laundered the operation’s money through credit cards and payment platforms.

The GdF describes the pirate IPTV operation in serious terms, noting that it aimed to set up a “parallel distribution company able to provide services that are entirely analogous to lawful companies, from checks on the feasibility of installing the service to maintaining adequate standards and technical assistance to customers.”

Source

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will never win.

We are everywhere.

so..is there any LEGAL IPTV BOXES  OR SITES...not. quasi-legal or grey area

just do not want my door kicked in and get some badass fine...o are they not going after subscribers yet

On 5/20/2018 at 2:06 PM, dMog said:

so..is there any LEGAL IPTV BOXES  OR SITES...not. quasi-legal or grey area

just do not want my door kicked in and get some badass fine...o are they not going after subscribers yet

Yes there are legal services  this sub only post the legal ones

https://old.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/

List of Legal ones

https://old.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/wiki/live

As far as using the not so legal ones i doubt they would kick you're door in for just using them but you never know when they will get caught or just take the money and run, so I just use DirecTV witch is legal for USA TV that I pay for I use this because we have a satellite with it and it can be used with or without the internet   and I use not so legal free ones for to stream stuff not from the USA behind a vpn so if they go down i didn't lose no money.

It's up to you, here is the sub  were they talk about the not so legal ones.

https://old.reddit.com/r/IPTV/

Reddit have subs were they post links to every game were you can watch it in you're browser and kodi have free addons that do the same and you dont have to pay :shit:... :pirate:

straycat19
19 minutes ago, steven36 said:

I use not so legal free ones for to stream stuff not from the USA behind a vpn

Just a friendly word of advice.  If you are actively doing something on your vpn, law enforcement can get your IP from the vpn provider without a warrant or subpoena.  It's called exigent circumstance.  It means that by the time they got the warrant they wouldn't be able to track you.  So even those vpns that claim not to keep logs are still able to provide active connection data.

1 hour ago, straycat19 said:

Just a friendly word of advice.  If you are actively doing something on your vpn, law enforcement can get your IP from the vpn provider without a warrant or subpoena.  It's called exigent circumstance.  It means that by the time they got the warrant they wouldn't be able to track you.  So even those vpns that claim not to keep logs are still able to provide active connection data.

i dont give a shit, i been doing what i been doing since 2011 with a vpn  and  my isp has never sent me a letter. You care to post a source were a non logging vpn ever done this other than time stamps were they stated in there toss they kept? And in the cases they handed over time stamps it had nothing to do with streaming.  From 2001-2011 I never used a VPN and  uploaded and  downloaded what I wanted and  posted it on fourms and never nothing ever happen then and there is  still millions of people who use kodi addons everyday without a vpn and don't even do nothing to hide and there has never been one single case of them catching anyone for streaming it's a legal gray area in the USA . Only they went after  sites that hosted addons and only one site is in court the devs always get off with a warning from ACE. And these DEVs are all idiots who post there personal info on the internet witch I don't . There so many people streaming  they dont go after the small fish they go after the big fish and it does no good they just fork the same addon  under another name and post it somewhere else. Whack a mole.I'm  talking about Free Piracy they do it for a hobby vs Pirates who do it for a profit. If they do it for a profit it is no legal gray area it just illegal . Selling something legal and not paying taxes is enough to get you in trouble let alone selling copyrighted streams .

But watching them  for my own use I been recording them since the days of the VCR so I dont care.  In Italy were thy done this IPTV  raid  they blocks some streaming sites in the USA they block nothing so people dont even have to use a vpn it's pretty safe over ssl if you change DNS they cant see nothing. The USA the Land of do as i say not as i do.  I read about people streaming all the time all over the world and in the USA many don't use a VPN even, just to do this, they just use one to do torrents so they dont get warning from there isp  is all.  Some places you need a vpn to even access some of the streaming sites for the addons to scrape or watch in a browser.  I dont stream IPTV  very often but i do like watching the ID channel  I dont stream on demand  all the time . I  still  download a lot  and watch it and delete it after I'm done i never keep it, You never have to worry with buffing and things downloading .:lol:

Archived