flood control request

Togijak

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people they can jack up their cred by posting 100 posts a day hoping to get to VIP status..

Don't they know some parts of the site don't count  .. And all this spamming makes their account subject to spammer or banned status

Its all about post QUALITY not QUANTITY

That's the point and a flood protection (for new members) would slow down those people. I am on a other boards where a flood control is enabled and there you have to wait around 40 seconds before you can post the next contribution

• Administrator

The last time I checked, the flood control was enabled and working correctly. It's likely that the said member has taken good amount of time in between making of those posts but as they were made within any hour it appears as near.

Another thing is, posts made in Member Introductions do not increase the post count to prevent spam. So it's likely that whichever member who posts there might do it not to increase the count but to really welcome the new members.

Eitherway, I would prefer that any complains anyone has against any particular members of the forums are not discussed in open. If they have any problems then report the respective post or in cases like this please PM me or the other staff about it.

Topic closed.

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived