Deadly Convenience: Keyless Cars and Their Carbon Monoxide Toll

tao

Weaned from using a key, drivers have left cars running in garages, spewing exhaust into homes. Despite years of deaths, regulatory action has lagged.

Without having to turn and remove a key to shut off the motor, drivers can be lulled into mistakenly thinking that the car has stopped running.

It seems like a common convenience in a digital age: a car that can be powered on and off with the push of a button, rather than the mechanical turning of a key. But it is a convenience that can have a deadly effect.

If interested, please, read the article < here >.

• Replies 6
  • Views 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well..in one way ...people also have to take responsibility to NOT BE STUPID ... Must get to the point in our evolution that we rely on others.... or machines... to this extent that have forgotten common sense. Will we soon forget that playing  Russian roulette is dangerous and blame someone else if we kill ourselves and others if we play it.YES  technology saves lives and does amazing things but we still have to engage our brains at all times

Yes, where:

warning-fails-1.jpg

and

warning-fails-4.jpg

and

"Do not drive car or operate machinery." -- On Boot's children's cough medicine.

;)

So, why not with Key-less cars, eh?

The same people have children that eat Tide pods, snort condoms, and give themselves chemical burns by spraying aerosol deodorant on themselves for extended periods!

I believe the warning for keyless entry is in the owners manual... after all cruise control warning in owners manuals state it only controls speed...ad does not drive cars..again I gotta say...engage brain before you get out of bed each day... i have personally seen co-workers stand on a forklift fork and go 30 feet in the air in order to change a light bulb and have no idea that standing on a piece of metal 3 or 4 inches wide 30 feet up is not a safe thing to do... stupidity knows no bounds whereas common sesne is hard to find...edit..as for the waring on the card foe a one-year-old... yea think a bit...it is for a 1-year-old child and waring states not to give to a chils under 3...what does that mean... it means DO NOT  give the card physically to a child under the age of 3...not that you should buy it...yes warings are there for a reason.... but common sense id still required... just like the lady who sued or tried to fast food resaraunts because that made her obese... had nothing to with her free choice of eating at them for almost all her meals for 30 yeats did it.

(First: the article is not about key-less entry but about key-less car.)

Who reads a car manual to start and stop a car?  Rental car?

What causes no harm but may help an elderly driver (who is not stupid and has  a great common sense) is a-okay.

Other opinions may vary as opinions always do.   :flowers:

In short, i am in total agreement with you... but I still maintain we are just as responsible for our own safety at all times too.... I actually teach safety courses and truly believe almost ALL  accidents could have been or can be avoided. yes there are things that happen that are totally beyond control but most accidents involve someone doing something they should not have been doing or not doing proper maintenance to keep equipment in safe working order. Have actually had people tell me that despite being trained they will do unsafe things because they are young and have quicker reactions so they can avoid injuries because of that....these employees are informed if they do  not comply once they get no second chance...they get fired... some of this stuff if you do unsafe procedures you either can get killed or kill co-workers...i see no problem with that policy.

Archived