Why does every browser's download suck?

CODYQX4

I use IDM to speed up all my downloads because I know browser's don't even attempt to get the best of the bandwidth.

This is how I test a browser's speed:

I just download an Ubuntu iso and see the download rate.

With IE and Chrome I get 250Kbps, add IDM to chrome and I get a whopping 10MBps!!!

Why do browsers fail so inconceivably at downloading files? Is it because the focus is on standards security, and loading pages?!

Chrome is supposedly the fastest at javascript, but just like all it sucks at downloading and is remedied with IDM.

I don't think I could live without IDM and I don't know how I got by without it. (Oh yeah, I lived in the ghetto with my mom and the PC got jacked, so I went years without one :fear: until I moved in with my dad and got my own!)

• Replies 2
  • Views 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more you find out about browsers you will find that browsers have settings and are created in manner which maximum number of connections, max connections per server, max persistent connections per server, max connections per proxy, pipelining, proxy pipelining, are used to control the browsers characteristics of utilizing a network. Therefore these settings also control how the built-in download managers/methods work.

IDM and several other download managers work in a way that utilizes initial amounts of electrical frequency of making a connection.. to boost speeds.. by making a connection(s) and using it to optimum and cutting it and making a new one.. while never totally cutting loose.. Some will download and target blocks of a download allowing it o apply the settings to each chuck or block..

This is kind of a 'lamens' version of an explanation.. LeetPirate is a lot better at explaining it..There are several things that can be done to your system and to your browsers which can increase there performance both downloading, and loading of pages and applications.

I know a little bit about optimizing the speed, but so far all the optimizations without IDM can't match no optimizations with IDM.

Although, some sites prevent IDM from getting max potential, It still goes better than without.

Archived