Problem with nsane.forums menu

tonyblair

It is weird, The scroll down menu situated between "Signed in as ." and "My Settings " stay always open. As a result the editing buttons (emoticons, Bold , image insertion...) are covered by a big black banner and

no more accessible.

My browser is OPERA 10.

Any help please?

• Replies 21
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Might be silly.... but have you tried clearing your cache and restarting Opera? Additionally is javascript enabled?

This happened to me when I tested blocking the *apis.google* resource when loading the forums..I would say its a script problem.. Opera 10 is working fine here...

Javascript is enabled.

I cleared the cache and restart opera.

The scroll down menu stay open. ( so I cannot insert the image showing you the problem)

I am behind a proxy. could this be the problem ?

Thanks for your reply.

Javascript is enabled.

I cleared the cache and restart opera.

The scroll down menu stay open. ( so I cannot insert the image showing you the problem)

I am behind a proxy. could this be the problem ?

Thanks for your reply.

Mine will stay open until I click on another area, for focus.. However I noticed when I first loaded the page that the menu from the down arrow.. next to my name was open but it then closed..

Might be a shot in the dark too.. but what version is your Java and do you show multiple plugins/extensions for it? I cleaned out FF3 and my system a couple of week ago.. all the different versions of plugins and things really improved things..I had multiple versions of Sun one that was several versions behind. You may also want to check your Java to see if you are storing DOM.. or temp files on your system.. You can delete these files or shut off the storage..

Okay I spoke too soon.. Obviously.. I made two posts on accident.. in Opera.. and after I log in.. I have to click the link to go any farther.. which is odd.. Also I started getting loading issues..of the page...So looks like a couple of issues with Opera..

@Tony.. this is exactly what it look like when the google api's don't load..I am going to ply with my settings and see if turning off auto-Turbo will help..

Opera - Java Console- shows  :Java version: 1.6.0_10.<br /><br />I am checking my Java.

edit:

Opera - Java Console

Commands:

----------------------------------------

c - clear console

f - run finalization

g - run garbage collection

h - help

l - list cached classloaders

m - memory usage

t - dump threads

x - clear classloader cache

Classloaders:

Total memory: 5056K Free memory: 4318K

Clearing classloader cache ... Done.

Dump thread list ...

Group main,ac=4,agc=0,pri=10

main,5,alive

AWT-Shutdown,5,alive

AWT-Windows,6,alive,daemon

AWT-EventQueue-0,6,alive

Done.

heath28m, Thank you for your help. I appreciate.

I will do that.

Uninstall and update Java.

Problem half solved,

Without connection through proxy servers, I am back to normal.

But As you said : "However I noticed when I first loaded the page that the menu from the down arrow.. next to my name was open but it then closed.."

I have the same behavior.

Now I can Insert the image of my problem.

nsaneproblem.jpg

Well what I meant is while the page was loading to make a post n the thread it loaded open.. BUT the black area, that you are showing I didn't have an issue with..and it closed immediately following the load of the remaining resources..So its a bit different.. and I think my issue with the page not obtaining ts resources when trying to load is because I have the thing cranked up to like 128 connections per server and 128 with max of 128 connections.. so I have cut the max per server to 64.. and 128 total..For some reason or another if your still having that issue.. its either in a filter.. or adblock somewhere..but google apis are not being loaded or obtained..

Do you see ..apis.google......in the URL area of your status bar when loading a page on the forum?

Well what I meant is while the page was loading to make a post n the thread it loaded open.. BUT the black area, that you are showing I didn't have an issue with..and it closed immediately following the load of the remaining resources..So its a bit different.. and I think my issue with the page not obtaining ts resources when trying to load is because I have the thing cranked up to like 128 connections per server and 128 with max of 128 connections.. so I have cut the max per server to 64.. and 128 total..For some reason or another if your still having that issue.. its either in a filter.. or adblock somewhere..but google apis are not being loaded or obtained..

Do you see ..apis.google......in the URL area of your status bar when loading a page on the forum?

I agree with you, we have two different issues :

1- while the page is loading, the scroll menu is loaded open for 1 second, and closed after that. (I think there is a problem here even if it is tiny). Why is it open? it is not normal.

2- the problem I show in my last image, where the scroll menu stay open indefinitely.

Now I am back behind a proxy servers and the 2nd problem disappear and I can control again the scroll menu with the small arrow (open, close).

You can notice that the position of the menu is not located in the same place (more left, when it is ok, and more right when it breaks).

Ps : I didn't see apis.google in the URL area.

nsaneforumsok.jpg

Can you see the apis.google there..like in FF, IE? .. and is this problem replicated on your system for those?

Hi heath28m,

What do you mean by "the apis.google there" ? is it this :

apisgoogle.jpg

1- Yes the problem is the same with FF.

2- How I get rid of it for one login :

* I shut down my connection through the proxy server

*  I connect directly

* things come back to normal

and I connect back through proxy servers. 

Okay no that would be the search engine bar...

What I am talking about says..'Looking up http://www.nsaneforums.com.....' The status bar area, which changes with each loaded resource.

If when you are connected through your proxy, this address may be blocked... ' http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/prototype/1.6/prototype.js '..More than likely, because of the type of data mining that Google performs; the site and several of its resources may be blocked..from accessing your PC..In the event that Google would be doing so..There are three or four resources related to this URL location, and without them you get the results I mentioned and the ones you show above..in your screen shots..So figuring out how to let this particular resource through could be a solution, or finding a way to load them from your cache, which is currently how your making it work..after you turn your proxy back on..

Thank heath28m you for clear explanation. You gave me a path to explore.

I will let you know the results.

Cheers :cheers:

I confirm this issue with Firefox, too. To resolve it I just configured NoScript to permit the script googleapis.com from running. Problem solved for me. :whistle:

I confirm this issue with Firefox, too. To resolve it I just configured NoScript to permit the script googleapis.com from running. Problem solved for me.  :whistle:

Hi dcs18,

How you did that?

• Administrator

It does mean somethin in Opera is not allowin you to open googleapis.com that maybe needs to work to use this site properly.

It does mean somethin in Opera is not allowin you to open googleapis.com that maybe needs to work to use this site properly.

In Opera and FireFox too.

Archived