Why need moderate?

cudu

Dear Administrator, and all genius member, Every time when i posted some comments, it always go to moderate. Yes, I am fully supported with moderate, but I was unable to see my any post in Nsane. Some time, crack is not worked in my pc, so I need some instructions. But the comments which i posted it's never seen in Comment Box.

I hope any one gives me some valuable feedback for me.

Best Regards

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, cudu said:

Dear Administrator, and all genius member, Every time when i posted some comments, it always go to moderate. Yes, I am fully supported with moderate, but I was unable to see my any post in Nsane. Some time, crack is not worked in my pc, so I need some instructions. But the comments which i posted it's never seen in Comment Box.

I hope any one gives me some valuable feedback for me.

Best Regards

To prevent spam, new member's post are moderated before being allowed. We try to allow posts as soon as possible to do so.

1 minute ago, DKT27 said:

We try to allow posts as soon as possible to do so.

a mate I know signed up here, he was a member for over a week, his posts still awaiting mod approval. He now only comes here as guest, says nsane is not worthy of him! He may be correct, he is the smartest and wisest person I have ever met.

As for anything in life, the Middle Way is the best.

Too much delay is as bad as too less delay. 

[Personally i feel, assume innocent until proven guilty is a great policy.  Allow, moderate if necessary -- not as a default, warn (via PM), warn (publicly), and ban works without problems on many other forums).  Thank you.]

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ZaG said:

a mate I know signed up here, he was a member for over a week, his posts still awaiting mod approval. He now only comes here as guest, says nsane is not worthy of him! He may be correct, he is the smartest and wisest person I have ever met.

I have allowed all the allowable posts that were made over a few days ago. Only posts yet to be allowed were made about a couple of days ago. All others which were not allowed were either thanks posts or posts requesting for illegal materials. However, if you mention the username then I can further look into it.

1 hour ago, adi said:

As for anything in life, the Middle Way is the best.

Too much delay is as bad as too less delay. 

[Personally i feel, assume innocent until proven guilty is a great policy.  Allow, moderate if necessary -- not as a default, warn (via PM), warn (publicly), and ban works without problems on many other forums).  Thank you.]

There are two reasons this is implemented, one is, increase in spam, which most members might not notice as we try to do a good amount of work preventing it and two, to prevent personal, uncensored pics of someone being posted here.

12 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

There are two reasons this is implemented, one is, increase in spam, which most members might not notice as we try to do a good amount of work preventing it and two, to prevent personal, uncensored pics of someone being posted here.

Undoubtedly you are a doing a wonderful job, DKT27! 

Kudos!   :flowers:

My opinion about the Middle Way, however, remains unchanged.

As is also true:  ("समरथ को नहिं दोष गुसाईं") "No blame for the Capable-One"  or "No blame can be attributed to Power." 

Thank you!

6 hours ago, cudu said:

Dear Administrator, and all genius member, Every time when i posted some comments, it always go to moderate. Yes, I am fully supported with moderate, but I was unable to see my any post in Nsane.

Yep, the bad news is that comments do languish in moderation for, far too long periods — sometimes ending-up un-published (the moderating strength is without doubt — understaffed.)

Look at the good news, though — when there's an infraction or a post is reported for whatever be the reason/s, it takes an equally long period of time for some action to be seen.

Speaking of action, point us to any site on this planet where the Admin. himself, graces resolved topics to prefix them as "solved" — so, do try to give some credit to DKT27 (we often fail to count our blessings.) CVbAqIc.gif

14 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Yep, the bad news is that comments do languish in moderation for, far too long periods — sometimes ending-up un-published (the moderating strength is without doubt — understaffed.)

Look at the good news, though — when there's an infraction or a post is reported for whatever be the reason/s, it takes an equally long period of time for some action to be seen.

Speaking of action, point us to any site on this planet where the Admin. himself, graces resolved topics to prefix them as "solved" — so, do try to give some credit to DKT27 (we often fail to count our blessings.) CVbAqIc.gif

Yes, @DKT27 , is a good administrator ever I have seen. 

And also I thankful to DKT27, making a forum like others forum, but it's inside have a Heaven. It is a different from others. :)

I am thankful to all others member, who comments on my topics.

Thank you

4 hours ago, DKT27 said:

To prevent spam, new member's post are moderated before being allowed. We try to allow posts as soon as possible to do so.

Hi,

I fully understand that but shouldn't this information been put on the forum guidelines? Also after how many post the member is free to post without moderation or other applicable criteria.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, DKT27 said:

However, if you mention the username then I can further look into it.

Its a moot point now and you prolly too busy anyways, as dcs18 so eloquently stated above.

3 hours ago, DKT27 said:

and two, to prevent personal, uncensored pics of someone being posted here.

:wtf:  and :lmao: 

I support the Moderators in this...if you cruise around a variety of other sites you'll not find a "perfectly run" site. I was once a "new member" and I accepted and abided by the rules. This is the best site on the internet for anyone who wants to share, be informed, learn, help or be helped. I recommend Nsane to others, and I would be lost without it.:D:D:D

It is not a matter of how other sites are (or not) and how we are better (or worse) than others.

It's a matter of doing the right thing (given the guidelines of this group) with the constraints under which moderators here are working.  Moving forward, working on mitigating these limitations, e.g., staffing levels, will help.

Until then, a little patience from all would help tremendously.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I have allowed all the allowable posts that were made over a few days ago. Only posts yet to be allowed were made about a couple of days ago. All others which were not allowed were either thanks posts or posts requesting for illegal materials. However, if you mention the username then I can further look into it.

or call it what it is.... a joe filter

The post restriction (under moderation) is applicable only for a New Member and stays in play for just his/her first 9 posts — thereafter, the ranking changes from New Member to Member. Any banned offender can make 10 legit. posts in a matter of minutes and then start posting freely (without moderation) — hence, this restriction does not stand a realistic chance as a preventive against abuse/obscenity.

While this new ploy might seem to be working successfully — the only reason why the site is no longer under attack, is that mona is no longer active here and is now posting peacefully at a site where far more Moderators are active around the clock.

15 hours ago, dcs18 said:

stays in play for just his/her first 9 posts

that is as soon as the staff decide to take time and approve the 9 posts! Could and has taken longer than it should for a properly run forum. @dcs18 thanks for the info man, it is a shame the staff feel no need to explain things (like this) to its members. The guidelines or forum rules IMO should be updated with new info and changes asap, a "sticky" wouldn't hurt either.

• Administrator
On 5/8/2018 at 12:07 AM, MrZeb said:

Hi,

I fully understand that but shouldn't this information been put on the forum guidelines? Also after how many post the member is free to post without moderation or other applicable criteria.

Thanks.

The restriction is introduced recently and as we might change it further, so we have not documented it properly yet.

On 5/8/2018 at 12:24 AM, ZaG said:

Its a moot point now and you prolly too busy anyways, as dcs18 so eloquently stated above.

:wtf:  and :lmao: 

You still do not mention your friend that you are talking about. I'm waiting for your friends name I need to check.

On 5/8/2018 at 3:34 AM, dcs18 said:

The post restriction (under moderation) is applicable only for a New Member and stays in play for just his/her first 9 posts — thereafter, the ranking changes from New Member to Member. Any banned offender can make 10 legit. posts in a matter of minutes and then start posting freely (without moderation) — hence, this restriction does not stand a realistic chance as a preventive against abuse/obscenity.

While this new ploy might seem to be working successfully — the only reason why the site is no longer under attack, is that mona is no longer active here and is now posting peacefully at a site where far more Moderators are active around the clock.

The post count information is incorrect. We have good means to understand who is who. Even if that member fools us by making good posts - something we did consider before enabling it, we can atleast, one, stop outright spam from both bots and human posting uncensored pics. You guys have no idea how some members joined and spammed right away, such restriction was needed.

While mona has her own wish where she wants to post, let me tell you guys that mona posting elsewhere does not mean malicious members have not tried posting crap - some humans have, unsuccessfully that is, tried spamming the forums, but such spam has not been known or reached the members thanks to such restriction here.

7 hours ago, DKT27 said:
On 5/8/2018 at 3:34 AM, dcs18 said:

The post count information is incorrect. We have good means to understand who is who. Even if that member fools us by making good posts - something we did consider before enabling it, we can atleast, one, stop outright spam from both bots and human posting uncensored pics.

It's possible for spam, abuses and uncensored images to be prevented only and only during the initial {post restriction (under moderation) period.}

No matter what restriction/s you bring and how great your understanding of mankind is, nothing can displace an active moderation — ATM, the only moderator who is active is Reefa (but it's not possible for one person all by himself, to patrol 24 hours a day.)

Please note — good members and well-wishers of this site, would never have any issue with restrictions — so long as those restriction/s are clear, documented and free of discrimination.

On 5/7/2018 at 2:54 PM, ZaG said:

Its a moot point now

10 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Its a moot point now

You still do not mention your friend that you are talking about. I'm waiting for your friends name I need to check.

An issue regarded as potentially debatable, but no longer practically applicable. Although the idea may still be worth debating and exploring academically, and such discussion may be useful for addressing similar issues in the future, the idea has been rendered irrelevant for the present issue.

in other words, dont worry about it now, it is too late. 

jayesh30202
1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Something tells me that this thread is also gonna get locked. :evil::D

Since the topic is going nowhere, it is bound to happen sooner or later.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, dcs18 said:

It's possible for spam, abuses and uncensored images to be prevented only and only during the initial {post restriction (under moderation) period.}

No matter what restriction/s you bring and how great your understanding of mankind is, nothing can displace an active moderation — ATM, the only moderator who is active is Reefa (but it's not possible for one person all by himself, to patrol 24 hours a day.)

Please note — good members and well-wishers of this site, would never have any issue with restrictions — so long as those restriction/s are clear, documented and free of discrimination.

Wait, I misunderstood what you are saying. While I agree, it is implemented as it was need of the hour to do so. It's a good preventive measure. To add to that, it also stops this type of spam.

I understand and agree. Honestly, I'm as concerned about it as you guys are about the lack of sufficient staff. We are very interested and intend to hire more than one of them. But as you know the circumstances have prevented us from doing so. Still, it's very much possible new staff will be hired when possible. Problem is, appointing them is not the only issue, some other things are too, for these things, I need the other staff and admins to sort some other things first, for which they need to get time for it.

We are right now looking into the effectiveness of this and are also considering modification as much as required. It's also not in best interest of the forums to document the exact details right now.

14 hours ago, ZaG said:

Does not matter. I want to know the member you are talking about. You said the posts were not allowed for a few days and I'm searching for posts which were not allowed. It's my requirement to see which one is not allowed here.

12 hours ago, jayesh30202 said:

Since the topic is going nowhere, it is bound to happen sooner or later.

It depends, does it fulfill the answers given, does it contain constructive criticism or otherwise. I must also mention, sometimes we also close this type of topics when topic starters themselves request them to be done so.

compgen1534
20 hours ago, ZaG said:

why do you even have to nag about what's going on with the forum 24/7 when you clearly still hang around here and use the services, and when you've only been here 3 months. seems like you've known them for way longer. :eek: yea.

Regards

Archived