Dean213

Criminal intent: FBI details how drones are being used for crime

From swarming agents to livestreaming police activity

• Replies 2
  • Views 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
straycat19

The simple solution is to have no fly zones in cities.  I know of several cities that have ordinances that prohibit the flying of drones within city limits.  Fair game to shoot any of them down.  The 12 gauge shotgun shell filled with a 12 foot square fishing line net does an admirable job of bringing down any drone.  That thin monofilament really tangles up in the blades and stops them.  The small lead weights on it are enough to cause it to expand and catch drones up to 800 feet in tests.  Unfortunately they are not commercially available, yet.

Dean213

3 hours ago, straycat19 said:

The simple solution is to have no fly zones in cities.  I know of several cities that have ordinances that prohibit the flying of drones within city limits.  Fair game to shoot any of them down.  The 12 gauge shotgun shell filled with a 12 foot square fishing line net does an admirable job of bringing down any drone.  That thin monofilament really tangles up in the blades and stops them.  The small lead weights on it are enough to cause it to expand and catch drones up to 800 feet in tests.  Unfortunately they are not commercially available, yet.

I do not know much about arms and ammunition, but what I do know is that the drones that are used in war zones are highly inaccurate and in fact end up killing more civilians then their intended targets.  That being said, it is my view that any drone that is capable of bearing arms and/or ammunition of any kind should be banned and accordingly any modifications to enable drones to perform the latter  be deemed illegal and dealt with by the law with extreme prejudice.  I agree with you that a no-fly zone would be a deterrent, however,  disagree with it being "fair-game" to shoot down drones within city limits unless this is done by law enforcement officials, as a last resort.  My reasoning in respect of the latter is simply that the drone, albeit illegal, is private property.  

Archived