How to shutdown computer in 5-10 Seconds

karachidude

Follow the steps:

1. Open 'Windows Task Manager' (Ctrl+Alt+Del)

2. Click 'Shutdown' (at the top next to 'Help')

3. Then HOLD the 'Ctrl' key and Select 'Turn Off'.

4. Notice the difference.It doesnt harm the PC.

P.S. If somebody can check it on Win7,would be mav

Cheers :D

K'dude

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well I know it. It does work very well. But it may harm computer. You know any premature shutdown can cause problems.

Well I know it. It does work very well. But it may harm computer. You know any premature shutdown can cause problems.

then save al that u want to save,then shutdown,no problem then :lol:

bearoninternet

If you dont care about damaging your system or losing files anyway, there is a much faster and easier way.

Just unplug the powercable. I do that a lot on my old win95(!)-just-for-fun-pc.

Works like a charm! :dance2:

Well technically there is a safe way to do this optimization.. On my system I have used WinASO Registry Optimizer.. in the System Optimization I have used all options...

EDIT: Old info/Image..

Now my system is up to date on maintenance so this too can play a big role is proper access to the files you need in the fastest possible manner when you boot or shutdown..Overall from the time I hit Shut Down to no lights and that is properly showing the log off screen...without loss or damage to anything.. 5 secs..Running virtual drives or any boosting services which use a technology which must load/unload or save an image on shut down will slow down the process.. and should be shut down manually if possible.. I usually shut down main applications manually as it is just advisable anyway..This feature does only safely apply to Windows..not any and all accompanying programs..so depending on whats going on and what you have running ... you may want to save your work or shut the program down beforehand..

W7 shuts down very quickly. And I remember on XP you could change the time with TuneUp Utilities and with something else also.

I rather let the computer do what it needs to do to shut down. I am in no hurry for it to turn off because once I press the shut down button, I myself leave and don't care how long it takes. It's better for it to close everything properly than face possible problems later.

• Administrator

On second paragraph, +1. Well I would recommend to defrag your main drive to it's full defragmentation. It used to take a heck to shutdown my PC before I managed to clear my main drive with all the junk and transferred it another drive. From that day my XP boots in less than 15sec or similar. From the first screen to the profile select page.

Three useful points I follow for a quick & happy shutdown:-

1. Employing the 'User Profile Hive Cleanup Service' which is a handy utility from Microsoft

2. Reducing the 'wait for response' to somewhere around 1,000 milliseconds

3. Tweaking programs to 'close automatically' instead of throwing up the 'End Program' dialog

• Administrator

All the three points you have mentioned are really good. :thumbsup:

Even I recommend them. :)

• 3 weeks later...

to achieve the same on every shutdown or just generally fasten shutdown w/ many apps open, u can set windows to kill processes after few hundred ms, instead of making it ask u whether to end process.. that's especially useful if something hangs.. there's manual way to do it, but i can't remember it, i used to do it thru tuneup on XP/2003.. now on Win7 I haven't fiddled with this stuff as it's fast enough w/o too much tweaking.. + i've become lazier.. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived