Looking for a power connector for a specific LED strip

rudrax

I recently had my TV repaired from where they removed 3 LED stripes containing 6 LEDs on each. Those strips can be used for decoration lighting so I want to use them rather than put it away as waste. Below I will upload some images of the strips. Tell me if you guys able to find the power connector for it.

P_20180430_102533.jpg?dl=1

P_20180430_102610.jpg?dl=1

P_20180430_102648.jpg?dl=1

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
straycat19

They are probably custom connectors made specifically for that brand of TV.  Ideally, if the connectors in the TV are just wired, you could cut them out and hook them up to whatever you are using as a power supply.  Or you could solder a couple wires onto the pins protruding in the connector.  What I am wondering is why did they remove them from the TV?  Maybe they don't work.

10 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

They are probably custom connectors made specifically for that brand of TV.  Ideally, if the connectors in the TV are just wired, you could cut them out and hook them up to whatever you are using as a power supply.  Or you could solder a couple wires onto the pins protruding in the connector.  What I am wondering is why did they remove them from the TV?  Maybe they don't work.

There are 6 LEDs on each strips and they were all glowing by the time they removed the strips. It were those refractor brads at the top of LEDs that fall of and for that they had to replace all the 3 strips. I can do solder if I know the input voltage and current they require.

2 hours ago, Rekkio said:

This connector looks like the ones on laptop LCD screens :

A thread on StackExchange has a picture that shows it, with a full resolution picture.

connector.png

You can try getting this cable off an old laptop to see if it matches.

I would like to know the name of this connector. That way I can put a search on it.

5 hours ago, rudrax said:

I would like to know the name of this connector. That way I can put a search on it.

According to this site the cable is called 'LCD Screen / Video Cable' and they call the small green board 'Inverter'.

So the keywords to try might be 'LCD Inverter Cable' or 'LCD Video Cable'.

Found some here but I am still unsure which ones will work for me.

• Administrator

I think you also need a good adapter to run those things, as they do not run on conventional AC power I think.

18 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I think you also need a good adapter to run those things, as they do not run on conventional AC power I think.

:spank:

• Administrator
On 5/3/2018 at 7:02 PM, rudrax said:

:spank:

One simple thing I forgot. Batteries. But then again, I do not know what volts these things run on there.

6 hours ago, DKT27 said:

One simple thing I forgot. Batteries. But then again, I do not know what volts these things run on there.

Yes, I have stated this earlier already and that's the question of the millennium :spank:

• Administrator
On 5/6/2018 at 10:44 AM, rudrax said:

Yes, I have stated this earlier already and that's the question of the millennium :spank:

Well, you can try a single common sized battery with different methods and see what works for you there.

12 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Well, you can try a single common sized battery with different methods and see what works for you there.

I will need to find a variable converter that can output DC currents with variable voltages and current. Damn this will be so messy.

• 1 month later...

Archived