Jump to content

15 people arrested and fined $5.1 million over PUBG cheats


Matrix

Recommended Posts

Some of the cheat programs could steal info from users' PCs

2017-10-16-image-3.jpg

Despite some tough competition from Fortnite: Battle Royale, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds remains incredibly popular. One of the major criticisms still aimed at the game, however, is its abundance of cheaters, but PUBG Corp continues to crack down on the practice. Recent efforts include the arrest of 15 people accused of using hacks and cheats. Not only were they arrested, but the individuals were also fined a total of $5.1 million.

A Steam post by PUBG Corporation's Ryan Rigney reveals that in addition to upgrading the game’s security measures and improving/adding to its anti-cheat solutions, the company has been working with local authorities to bring those who develop, sell, promote, or use hacking and cheating program to justice.

At the start of the year, Chinese authorities working with Tencent, which partnered with Bluehole to release PUBG in China, arrested 120 people for the creation and designing of cheats for the game. On April 25, another 15 suspects were arrested. Based on their names, most if not all of these arrests are likely to have also taken place in China.

According to translated information from local authorities, the arrests were made for “developing hack programs, hosting marketplaces for hack programs, and brokering transactions.” But the suspects aren’t in trouble just because of cheating, but also for adding malicious code to the programs.

“Some hack programs that are being distributed through the internet includes a Huigezi Trojan horse (Chinese backdoor) virus. It was proven that hack developers used this virus to control users’ PC, scan their data, and extract information illegally.”

Rigney writes that the long-running rumor claiming certain hacking/cheating programs steal info from users’ PCs has now been confirmed to be true, which should make people think twice about using them.

While $5.1 million in fines is an incredible figure, it could go even higher as there are other suspects still being investigated.

"We’ll continue to crack down on hacking/cheating programs, until our players are free to battle it out in a totally fair environment," added Rigney

source

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 6
  • Views 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Sylence said:

Great news. cheaters ruin the PC community.

 

Cheaters aren't the problem, when cheats exist it's the game that got a problem, e.g. :

 

Wallhacks exist because the server is sending positions for players that shouldn't be seen anyway.

 

You can't blame cheaters for merely making use of what the server is wilfully sending them in the first place.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Rekkio said:

 

Cheaters aren't the problem, when cheats exist it's the game that got a problem, e.g. :

 

Wallhacks exist because the server is sending positions for players that shouldn't be seen anyway.

 

You can't blame cheaters for merely making use of what the server is wilfully sending them in the first place.

 

 

 

are you serious right now? the cheaters are people who have moral and mental issues and can't play fair in their life. now seeing you blaming the games and how they work is so ridiculous and makes me even wonder you might be one of those VACed cheaters in the Steam. lol

 

dude, the way you explain how wallhacks work shows you have no idea how anti-cheats work. it is necessary for the server to know every position of players, items etc in real time and send them back to other players so they can actually play in the server otherwise you would see a lot more types of cheats other than wallhacks. that's also why you can't have god mode, infinite ammo, teleport in games that use VAC such as CS:GO. 

 

your reasoning is like you're referring to animals, because humans can decide what to do with the tool they got because they have the power of decision-making. so the government shouldn't let you use guns in the first place because otherwise you will go in a killing spree?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sylence said:

 

are you serious right now? the cheaters are people who have moral and mental issues and can't play fair in their life. now seeing you blaming the games and how they work is so ridiculous and makes me even wonder you might be one of those VACed cheaters in the Steam. lol

 

dude, the way you explain how wallhacks work shows you have no idea how anti-cheats work. it is necessary for the server to know every position of players, items etc in real time and send them back to other players so they can actually play in the server otherwise you would see a lot more types of cheats other than wallhacks. that's also why you can't have god mode, infinite ammo, teleport in games that use VAC such as CS:GO. 

 

your reasoning is like you're referring to animals, because humans can decide what to do with the tool they got because they have the power of decision-making. so the government shouldn't let you use guns in the first place because otherwise you will go in a killing spree?

 

I don't know how anti-cheats work, that's right. However I assume you should only send to players the information they need.

Cheats like ESP, Wallhack, Minimap etc rely on this, getting more info than what you theorically need.

 

That's the point I was making, and I'm not saying cheaters aren't responsible for what they do - they are.

 

However the existence of cheats for a multiplayer game relies on making the server send to other players what cheaters want.

So if instead of creating client-side anticheats you create one for the server software they wouldn't be able to cheat like they used to anymore.

 

Also they wouldn't have access to the anticheat's logic to create a bypass since it would not be running on their machines to begin with.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2018 at 10:55 PM, Rekkio said:

 

I don't know how anti-cheats work, that's right.

 

well...

 

On 4/30/2018 at 10:55 PM, Rekkio said:

 

Also they wouldn't have access to the anticheat's logic to create a bypass since it would not be running on their machines to begin with.

 

 

 

cheaters don't have access to anti-cheat's logic, they only can know about how the Overwatch works which is not a secret since the people who Overwatch the finished game sessions based on player reports are players themselves, otherwise they don't know about VAC and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why all hacks come from Russia or East, Cheating culture? But westerns buy the cheats from some site

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...