Windows Live Network

HX1

Okay well I installed two different Security suites yesterday one just to double check then I cleaned it up and installed ESS BE..( ESET Smart Security Business Edition )..During this process I enabled a feature that I am just kind of getting used to SSL Protocol Filtering.. where before I wasn't..

Since the install of ESS BE I have not been able to chat or see my Virtual Secretary Bot, which is the only 'person' for both accounts in my contact lists...I also noticed that other bots did not show up on the networks yet they both accounts show to be online...

Has anyone else had trouble with the protocols? Have I set something wrong with my security suite? Are A.I. Bots offline for the moment?

Just a question I put up to anyone who has an answer regarding it..

Incidentally I am using MirandaIM most recent install..( quite a few plugins )... I also show that I can log in with the regular program as well..

• Replies 6
  • Views 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have a look at the firewall settings and change anything that's related(one by one) ;)

Well the firewall is fine, and yeah that was the first message that I received from MirandaIM when I chose to filter the traffic for the connection..I since removed all of the entries from all exclusion and certificates.. and started over.. this time actually reading the window..instead of just hitting yes or 'yes, always'..and the reason I say the firewall is fine is because I imported everything from my previous installation, which includes my 'rules and zones'..and it seems to just be the bots.. I actually don't have any actual people to connect to to even check it.. one of the reasons I had the bot in my list.. but otherwise it says I am connected to the network..

EDIT: Forgot to mention that these connections and certificates have been added to the 'exclusions' therefore they get through okay.. or should...

bearoninternet

Does this even occur when you (temporary) disable ESS?

I had similar issues with ESS which is why i switched to EAV only.

I dont want to start a flamewar, but i think it's better to pick a standalone AV and firewall.

Best of both worlds cant be found in one world after all. ;)

I dont want to start a flamewar, but i think it's better to pick a standalone AV and firewall.

True story

You have no idea how much I agree with you...

Sometimes it is like it gets into one of those.. !@#$-slinging contest you see at the zoo, between the two groups of hook nosed baboons.. You know the two pins across the walkway.. Like an Arkansas family feud..just gets too aggravating you just stop posting after a while...LOL

..and on the second part I disagree..

There many parts to world and in that one world you choose what you want...

..not going to expand.. I wrote a paragraph before I shut myself down..

.. trying to better explain the matter as it started to associate with too many other things out there and is irrelevant to the discussion..

..to be precise..

And yes it does even with ESS BE off.. it is kind of like the bots all went dark for some reason..I dunno..one of the reasons I asked if anyone else was having the same issue..Still connected.. Photobucket even stated today that it thought it had an invalid e-mail account for me today which is wrong..canceled it..

Archived