Rooting a phone

Betts1964

I was just at best buy and was talking to one of the guys about rooting a phone. He told me there are websites where you can use a PC, connect it to my phone and it roots it for you via software. Is that true and does it actually work?

TIA

look on utube root android with computer and check on the one that uses kingroot it's roughly 8 mins long. I am afraid to try it. If you do, please let me know your results :)

Edited by Betts1964

Actually there's no best rooting solution as you might think, it's entirely based on the device you're trying to get root access on and its Android version.

You should post your device's model number & android version to find a tailored root solution that suits your phone.

Edited by Rekkio
typos
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rekkio said:

Actually there's no best rooting solution as you might think, it's entirely based on the device you're trying to get root access on and its Android version.

You should post your device's model number & android version to find a tailored root solution that suits your phone.

Would you know of one for Blu phones? I am on marshmallow 6.0

Edited by Betts1964

1 minute ago, bergy1964 said:

Would you know of one for Blu phones?

For Blu phones, there's a tutorial that covers some Blu models.

The OneClickRoot & KingoApp tools claim to support your device make, so might try them.

Finally, a thread on the XDA-Developers board claims that the BLU Advance 5.0 HD phone (running on Android 6.0) requires a custom Recovery.

• Like 2

gingerbread80

It depends on what model you want to root. Also, please note that this will most likely wipe your phone. So backup first. The xda community is awesome. Each phone has their own forum. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gingerbread80 said:

It depends on what model you want to root. Also, please note that this will most likely wipe your phone. So backup first. The xda community is awesome. Each phone has their own forum. 

Content loss

The root process actually won't wipe the phone, but any content protected with DRM / device license / device certification will be lost.

For example, getting root on a Samsung phone revokes your access to any and all KNOX containers (encrypted data containers that make use of ARM's Secure World feature).

Also forget about using services like Samsung Pay or any service like that since they check your device's 'certification' status.

Application ban

Getting root access on your phone might also frighten game / app developers who will ban your account / prevent their apps from running on your device.

Snapchat & Drag Racing are prime examples of this. One doesn't run & the other bans your accounts because your device becomes 'uncertified'.

Google red flag

Not only that, but you also get a tainted GSF ID (Google Services Framework ID) from Google and we don't yet know what they will do with it.

Before getting root access this should be kept in mind.

gingerbread80

Usually to get root access, you need a unlocked bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader is what wipes the phone.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gingerbread80 said:

@bergy1964 Try this. Link

Also, read the entire post before you venture on this. It looks like a laborious process. 

I'll give it a look. Thx

gingerbread80
2 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Magisk :o  

Unless the bootloader has some flaws, and allow you root anyway :P 

Yes, there are not that many.

1 minute ago, bergy1964 said:

I'll give it a look. Thx

Is your device a Blu Vivo XL2 ? Because if not this will brick your phone, please check your device model.

gingerbread80
Just now, Rekkio said:

Is your device a Blu Vivo XL2 ? Because if not this will brick your phone, please check your device model.

I saw some other post from bergy1964 in the mobile mania section. He listed the phone model and the url for the phone.

Just now, Rekkio said:

Mine is XL. I assume to not bother trying it then, Yes?

gingerbread80
Just now, 0bin said:

True, I keep original bootloader on this device, with this ROM:

Unfortunately, for my Nexus 5, I had  to unlock it to use LineageOS. Good ROM though.

Just now, bergy1964 said:

If yours is a XL, then try this link

2 minutes ago, bergy1964 said:

Try this.. https://forum.xda-developers.com/vivo-xl/how-to/root-tutorial-t3313120

2 minutes ago, bergy1964 said:

If it's an XL and not an XL2, you need another Recovery image, because the models are different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At OP:

It depends upon which device you're going to root. Kingoroot and Kingroot (one click rooting) are unsafe application not recommended by android experts. You can check them and their affect to the device at XDA.

Safe rooting process for a device needs: a PC

1. An unlocked bootloader.

2. A custom recovery e.i TWRP/CWM etc.

3. Rooting application e.i SuperSU/Magisk (both these application are flashable thru custom recovery)

Then your device can get rooted.

Edited by sid_16
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 0bin said:

Where I am utube is censored. 

Sorry. :( 

Can you provide dtube link?

I would but i am not sure how to :( Do proxies work there for utube?  here is link if utube 

hxxps://www-dot-youtube.com/watch?v=1vgCL9Ap3GQ

Edited by Betts1964