myidisbb

helppppppppp

• Replies 18
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Very strange.

Register the account myidisbb2 for the moment and i'll see what i can do about restoring your proper account from a backup.

Guest myidisbb2
Very strange.

Register the account myidisbb2 for the moment and i'll see what i can do about restoring your proper account from a backup.

okay.

• Administrator

Somehow, your name got removed from the database :wacko: . Tommorrow (time permitting) i'll attempt to restore your member account from an older backup (when your name was apart of the db)

ok, i re-created your account from last nights backup (had to type every field/option manually so i better get a thanks) ;)

you should be able to login, same password hash, but your avatar and other minor stuff is in another table and will be done here shortly...unless you don't mind setting em again?

Guest myidisbb2
ok, i re-created your account from last nights backup (had to type every field/option manually so i better get a thanks) ;)

you should be able to login, same password hash, but your avatar and other minor stuff is in another table and will be done here shortly...unless you don't mind setting em again?

wasnt able too. i notice "myidisbb" in the messages still shows "unregistered"

did just try "forgot the password" when i got the emial requiest link back and did the same password as the new password i got the follwoing error in database:

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_members_converge SET converge_pass_hash='878074597530efef315a17fb1604306e' WHERE converge_id=

SQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SQL error code:

Date: Monday 27th of February 2006 01:51:03 AM

ok, other tables finished, were smaller than i though they were ;)

edit: can't seem to recover your posts tho...

test

ok, other tables finished, were smaller than i though they were :P

edit: can't seem to recover your posts tho...

test

:w00t: :balloon: :rofl: :party:

thank you.

oh i also had to do the "forgot password" to log in today. i think that is a final set someone has to do when something like this happens:P.

sorry to intervene, i am not staff here or anything...

but this error has to do with the member clean up too or is this standard procedure here ?

sorry, if did not make my point too clear

what i meant apart from the strange error with this particular account, why the member number has decreased ? member cleanup ?

what i meant apart from the strange error with this particular account, why the member number has decreased ? member cleanup ?

myidisbb2 is a different account. lite told me to make it while they fix myidisbb account.

Yes that's due to a member clean up of those that have been registered since 01 April 2005 until January 2006 with 0 posts. Cleans the database and such.

myidisbb would not have been removed in this case, as he had a huge amount of posts (compared to others). It's baffled everyone including myself, but thankfully it's been restored.

recovered your posts, had to write my own PHP update script to do it tho (no good way to do it in phpmyadmin or IPB...on a mass scale any ways). you're welcome tho ;)

this sounds interesting, i mean the script... could i have a peak on it ?

sorry, doubleposted

sure...

CODE
<?php

// mysql settings

$server "localhost";

$sqldb "yer_db_name";

$sqluser "acct_user";

$sqlpass "your_pass";

// user info

$rcvid "ID# of member_to_recover";

$rcvname "the name of the member";

// login and select the mysql db

$con mysql_connect($server$sqluser$sqlpass) or die(mysql_error());

$db mysql_select_db($sqldb$con) or die(mysql_error());

// count our limit (for speed, keeps the server from worrying about it later)

$countq mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(pid) FROM ibf_posts"$con) or die(mysql_error());

$count mysql_result($countq0);

mysql_free_result($countq);

// grab the needed info from the _posts table

$postq mysql_query("SELECT pid, author_id, author_name FROM ibf_posts ORDER BY pid ASC LIMIT $count"$con) or die(mysql_error());

for($i=0$i $count$i++){

$row mysql_fetch_array($postq);

$pid $row['pid'];

$aid $row['author_id'];

$name $row['author_name'];

// if poster has the right name, and is a guest, re-register the post

if($aid == && $name == $rcvname){

mysql_query("UPDATE ibf_posts SET author_id = '$rcvid' WHERE pid = '$pid'") or die(mysql_error());

echo "Updated post <b>#" $pid "</b> to member <b>" $rcvid "</b>!<br>n";

}

}

mysql_free_result($postq);

mysql_close($con);

?>

;)

NickTheGreek

do you believe i could use this on 2.0.x in case of trouble ?

Archived