Under Armour Says 150 Million MyFitnessPal Accounts Were Hacked

steven36

Under Armour Inc., joining a growing list of corporate victims of hacker attacks, said about 150 million user accounts for its MyFitnessPal nutrition tracker were breached earlier this year.

https://s7d4.turboimg.net/sp/915c59b89293d72dee3042abdff9b3b2/Losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal.png

An unauthorized party stole data from the accounts in late February, Under Armour said on Thursday. It became aware of the breach earlier this week and took steps to alert users about the incident, the company said.

The data didn’t include government-issued identifiers, including Social Security numbers and driver’s license numbers, Under Armour said.

Shares of Under Armour fell 2.6 percent to $15.93 in late trading following the announcement.

Source

• Replies 5
  • Views 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Those hackers cannot even spare fat people.

Anyway, I heard they use Bcrypt encyption for the passwords, which is said to be better than sha-256 I think.

21 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Those hackers cannot even spare fat people.

Anyway, I heard they use Bcrypt encyption for the passwords, which is said to be better than sha-256 I think.

As far as I know, bcrypt hashing is slower than sha-256, so I think you are correct that bcrypt is better than sha-256 because slower is better.

I suspect the list of compromised accounts will be added to haveibeenpwned.com soon, for people to check. I myself am subscribed to their notifier to let me know if I show up in any breaches.

• Administrator
On 3/31/2018 at 11:26 AM, abxccd said:

I suspect the list of compromised accounts will be added to haveibeenpwned.com soon, for people to check. I myself am subscribed to their notifier to let me know if I show up in any breaches.

Just a small complain I have about them. I know they usually wait for the confirmation before alerting others, but I wish they would send emails as soon as any big hack happens and not wait for any confirmation if any particular email address is found in it.

Archived