Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 17133 to the Fast ring - here's what's fixed

Recruit

1507917185_redstone4.pcknownissues2_stor

Microsoft today released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 17133 to the Fast ring, and as you'd expect, there are no new features. In fact, according to recent rumors, this is actually the RTM build for the upcoming spring update, which is codenamed Redstone 4. That means that this is the build that will ship on new PCs, and the one that non-Insiders will get when they upgrade existing devices.

As usual, Microsoft won't actually confirm this, saying that it's "in the final phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release." This is interesting language that doesn't like to use the term RTM anymore because Windows 10 is never 'done'. In fact, Microsoft generally has trouble admitting that there's even any significance to being aware of which build will roll out to non-Insiders.

Although there aren't any new features today as Redstone 4 development wraps up, there are a few fixes and improvements:

• We fixed an issue resulting in certain devices with BitLocker enabled unexpectedly booting into BitLocker recovery in recent flights.

• We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to change the display resolution when there were 4 or more monitors connected, due to the confirmation prompt hanging when you selected “Keep changes”.

• We fixed an issue where clicking suggested search terms when typing in the Microsoft Edge URL bar didn’t do anything.

There are no known issues in Windows 10 build 17133.

We'll know for sure that this is the RTM build when the company promotes it to the Release Preview ring, which is reserved for builds that will roll out to the general public. Until then, don't expect any help from Microsoft on this front.

There's also still a lot that we don't know about the Redstone 4 update, despite it essentially being ready to go. Signs point to it being called the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update, but that's not official yet. There's also been no official word as to when non-Insiders will have it made available to them.

Source

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i quit fast ring builds a long time ago...way and i mean WAAAAAAY too many issues with stuff not working.

how has it been for anyone here??

Copy from USB Flash Drive to PC has a bug in this version10 build 17133 please anyone report.

HD Sentinel report Performance 80% TRIM feature od ssd is supported but disable

I’m going to install it when I get home, hopefully that’s the RTM  :D

<quote> There are no known issues in Windows 10 build 17133. /<quote>.  WTF?  Not even 1 tinessee eincee bug in the whole O/S?  Well congratulations then.  You've written the first program ever without even one issue and we can throw ISO standards and requirements out the window because perfection is achieved.  What's that?  NOT and quit lying.  You sound like Trump.

Seems stable. No issues that I can see. I STILL wish Windows Defender can be completely uninstalled. Disabling is not enough.

As you can see (on the first link) @shorty6100, Microsoft has made a very big huge mistake. From my point of view, there is no reason to be afraid (neither need a wish).

Unless Microsoft didn't learn anything form the past ? I imagine Microsoft isn't totally crazy and they won't take another risk with Windows Defender (read the second link).

Indeed I'm agreed (it's better to remove it) and the next month, I will probably repeat the same thing (reinstall W10 without the damn craps (I would rather the LTSB (or LTSC) but apparently Microsoft will wait 2019 and that's bad).

New members please take a moment to read our guidelines

Like on most online forums the use of the 'Like / Thanks' button is preferred over simply posting 'Thanks' or something similar. Making an excessive amount of posts which add little to nothing to a topic might result in a post count reduction.

Post removed...

widows insider...now allows to just get drivers apps and fixes..or active development of windows...or skip ahead to the next build

I got the UUP files for NL Pro version x64 and converted to ISO

I'll install this in VM this weekend to test the hell out of it

Archived