core i7 8550u temps?

mkc21

Hi, I bought a spectre x360 13 and have been getting some error at boot (90b) about a fan not working correctly. Reflashed bios and kinda disappeared. What should be the normal temps for this processor?

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intel docs say 100ºC at most...

But for normal use, no games or 3D applications, expect something around 55°C on average... If all the vents are unobstructed and the ambient temperature is not above 30°C...

Interest info.

Regards

I have 1 HP laptop and the fan always run very fast and noise even thought the temp is only 60-70 degrees. I think the bios has some issues.

1 minute ago, ganuco said:

I have 1 HP laptop and the fan always run very fast and noise even thought the temp is only 60-70 degrees. I think the bios has some issues.

Hope it's under warranty...

HP does not give a fuck when it's not...

12 minutes ago, ganuco said:

have u changed some settings?

Normal CPU temp for my i7 3930K are between 25 to 32 deg C.

Using Corsair H100i cooler

7 minutes ago, steinom said:

Normal CPU temp for my i7 3930K are between 25 to 32 deg C.

Using Corsair H100i cooler

with ambient temp around 20 deg C and "normal" being "idle"... yep.

Your rirht jbleck, I'm not editing video and running Inventor at same time cause then it will increase somehow.

;)

1 hour ago, jbleck said:

have u changed some settings?

I have updated the latest bios, change CPU in power setting to passive, turn of "fan always on" in the Bios.

1 hour ago, WALLONN7 said:

Hope it's under warranty...

HP does not give a fuck when it's not...

It is still under warranty. I just bought it 2 months ago. The problem happens in the first day. I am trying to fix it but I think it related to bios or hardware problem.

not sure what your BIOS options are, but the "fan always on" i think should be "on" or "enable".

my BIOS has the cooler option under the "Monitor" tab and i also have there the minimum rpm set to 200 on both fans.

1 minute ago, Arhra said:

Contact HP, and demand your money back. 

I am going to do that if the problem cannot be fixed. I do the research and fund out that the loud fan is the common issue for HP. I don't know why HP cannot fix this issue for a long time.

47 minutes ago, ganuco said:

It is still under warranty. I just bought it 2 months ago. The problem happens in the first day. I am trying to fix it but I think it related to bios or hardware problem.

Don't wait too long... 

Do not "touch" anything and don't waste your time asking in its forums... Just a bunch of morons there...

HP fucked up my wife's notebook: A "recommended" bios update killed UEFI bios... Just legacy works since then...

Archived