Cannot install .apk files on Android Phone

TAP1190

Android Phone cannot install .apk files, even from SDCard.

It installs only from Playstore.

Even Adguard Updates after downloading cannot install.

Help urgently needed.

Model: Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. 5.1.1

Thanks all in advance

What kind of error you have got ?
Did you check the option to install from unknown sources to settings ?

• Like 3

I have done all that. Even contacted Adguard team. I understand thar some apps may be interefing with the Install button.

The Button just greys out and refuses to work.

Grateful for quick response

29 minutes ago, TAP1190 said:

The Button just greys out and refuses to work.

Remember I experienced that one time, but after a reboot worked like before. Try to do it and see what will happen.

Is your phone rooted ? Does it have stock or a custom rom ?

Edited by Recruit
  • Like 3

Forgot to tell you to check if you have enough available storage...

• Like 3

If you are using screen filtering apps like Twilight, f.lux, CF.lumen and bluelight filter. Try to force stop/uninstall/disable the screen filtering app and it will work again.

AlienForce1

Do you have an application ``Lux Auto Brightness`` installed  ?  If you do , you should disable it temporary .

Edited by AlienForce1

Just now, Recruit said:

Remember I experienced that one time, but after a reboot worked like before. Try to do it and see what will happen.

Is your phone rooted ? Does it have stock or a custom rom ?

it is not a new issues. I reboot eveytime [Unless you mean another sort of reboot].

No root. Stock rom.

Thanks

Just now, Recruit said:

Forgot to tell you to check if you have enough available storage...

there is enough storage

Just now, hacker7 said:

If you are using screen filtering apps like Twilight, f.lux, CF.lumen and bluelight filter. Try to force stop/uninstall/disable the screen filtering app and it will work again.

Yes, but uninstalled Twilight.

the issue is that I can't identify the app/s that may be interefing.

What do you suggest?

Grateful

3 minutes ago, AlienForce1 said:

Do you have an application ``Lux Auto Brightness`` installed  ? 

Never heard of this app.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, TAP1190 said:

Yes, but uninstalled Twilight.

the issue is that I can't identify the app/s that may be interefing.

What do you suggest?

try looking for your installed apps that have overlay capability, apps that can show their contents over another apps, apps with overlay permission (like- Messenger, Musixmatch, Touch Assistant apps that can float on your screen).

If you are not sure, try disable them one by one in your Settings ⇒ Apps and find which one is causing the problem. You can also look for "Draw over other apps" menu in your android setting where all the apps with this permission will be listed. If you couldn't locate the menu, search for overlay permission + {android version} + {device manufacturer}.

• Like 2

AlienForce1

You might have installed apps that have SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW permission (called screen overlay app) - you said you can install apps from PlayStore , then these two apps might help you to find the culprit : 

1)  Alert Window Checker   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.sfapps.alertwindowchecker

2)  Install Button Unlocker  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.sfapps.installbuttonunlocker&hl=en

3 minutes ago, hacker7 said:

try looking for your installed apps that have overlay capability, apps that can show their contents over another apps, apps with overlay permission (like- Messenger, Musixmatch, Touch Assistant apps that can float on your screen).

If you are not sure, try disable them one by one in your Settings ⇒ Apps and find which one is causing the problem. You can also look for "Draw over other apps" menu in your android setting where all the apps with this permission will be listed. If you couldn't locate the menu, search for overlay permission + {android version} + {device manufacturer}.

Thanks. I will try it & revert

Just now, AlienForce1 said:

You might have installed apps that have SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW permission (called screen overlay app) - you said you can install apps from PlayStore , then these two apps might help you to find the culprit : 

1)  Alert Window Checker   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.sfapps.alertwindowchecker

2)  Install Button Unlocker  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.sfapps.installbuttonunlocker&hl=en

Thanks for the education. I will report back after troubleshotting the issue.