Troubles with keyboard

BBs

Hey nsane members!!

I am having toubles with my keyboard... Since a few weeks the keys: m, n, b ,Arrow Down, Arrow Left, Arrow Right, Caps lock are getting disabled some times.

After i press all keys and hold some keys they turn all and are working again. But today it got again disabled and i am sitting now since 3 houers in front of my computer and i am pressing keys... :(

Nothing is working and i am getting almost crazy.... I have tested everything that came to my mind. I tested other keyboards... I have just one keyboard layout, even after adding new one and changing the keyboard layout nothing worked.

Tryed to plug in the usb to another input.

I didnt install any drivers.. but it worked always before..

I am using windows xp sp3 with microsoft curve comfort 2 keyboard.(tested keyboard on another computer and it works, so i dont think it has anything to do with hardware.)

If someone has any other ideas or had this problem before so please help me!

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did u go to the device manager,and check for clues there,i mean trouble shooting,drivers etc

Make sure that no keys are being pressed in on the keyboard when the system is booting. Unlock the key lock if it is locked

Thats what i was trying since 2 houers :( It just doest work!!!

I have also used the system restore point but it doesnt work,i mapped the keys to the num keys now...

I am going now to create a new user account and look what happens..

Remeber keyboard is one of the first pieces of hardware the BIOS starts,and check to c if the keys work in safe mode

New User Account is the same, dont work... I am going to test now in safe mode.

EDIT: EVEN IN SAFE MODE THEY DONT WORK :(

I have not installed any software since 1 moth... Just the newest VMWare and NAV 2010

You know whats odd is that I get this sometimes with FF3..depending on the site I go to.. and I am not talking about a focus issue where you have to make sure your focused on the page and not a window something in the page or old flash scripts either...page up, down,...all those keys.. will stop..I mean like my Alt key will quit working... It hasn't happened for some time now but it has in the past.. and without alterations to my system..all I have to do is close the browser down and let it clean all the temp files and things left in the system and restart it and its fine..but odd .. I always blame it on extension compatibility since I have a few that depend on it..

Very odd though..may check for drivers relative to the keyboard.. if you haven't already.. LOL . I made the mistake of installing the wrong ones once and by removing a threatfire based driver, that came by default.. that was interesting to fix..LOL.. but worse was when I installed the wrong mouse pad driver..with no other mouse for miles..all thanks to Driver GENIUS..( insert slap here ) change up the meaning of their name a little ..

• Administrator

Well similar happened to me when I inserted my keyboard pin in my mouse port. :P . Not jokin. But I think you are usin USB port?

Well it may be firefox, as it happes most time when i just open any page and i want to type and the keys are disabled.

I always let ccleaner delete all the temp files.

I cleaned everything and restarted but it didnt help!

It also happend once when i was chatting in msn.

And yes its in USB-Port!

No, just the special buttons. But i changed the buttons that are disabled with Num Numbers with a application called keytweak.

Thanks for your reply, i have allready made everything written there... But it didnt work.. If the bug or whatever isnt fixed allready it can change back anytime maybe. If not then im in this stupid bug and hanging forever until i reinstall windows.. I allready tryed to install Windows 7 but something is wrong, it gives an error while installing: Some files are damaged, cant install, but the same CD worked on a friends computer...

Time to buy a new computer....

Gona try to learn this num-numbers as keys xD maybe it will turn back.... I have no other ideas!

Well you know it may just be the keyboard, I mean they are still made of parts, wires, and chips just like the rest of it.. Not to mention I can't remember the last time I seen a contoured keyboard..LOL.. in fact I think the last time I seen one it was hooked up to an 'NT' system..

If your trying to upgrade from Windows XP it wont work for 7 BTW...Unless they have changed something in last couple of weeks.. you have to install Vista then once in Vista upgrade to 7...

Nope im sure its not the keyboard, tested on another computer and it works, i also tested 2 other keyboards on this computer and it doesnt works...

I didnt tryed to install Win 7 over Win XP, i tryed to install it on my second partition. I wasted much time with reading how other ppl fixed the same problem.. But at last nothing helped, also still a lot ppl cant install win 7, coz of this issue.

Here a picture of the Error(its in german, but it tells that files are damaged)

23082009821.jpg

Have you checked your chipset drivers? Like the last update for your system.. USB to be specific some are separate drivers but some are included in the chipset..The only other thing unless the system is using the wrong driver that is installed or has the wrong one selected..I don't know...

@BB

i hope ur BIOS settings are at default,and if ur time keeps changing in the sys tray clock,than its time to change the CMOS..if thats the case change it than c...if even that doesnt help MOD ur BIOS,with the lattest.

U should also try uninstalling the keyboard from the device manager,and then reinstall.

NOTE:If this is a application related issue than CMOS or BIOS has nothing to do with it,so first identify that,some apps disable certain keys like F1 and F2

• Administrator

What I feel is that your keyboard isn't supported by Win7. Many of the mouses and keyboards don't fully support Win7 till date. Have you tested your keyboard on another computer that is runnin Win7?

Im not running win7. I have xp. On another computer i have win7 and the keyboard works. There are a lot reasons why i cant install win7. It may be something in my bios(its rly old). Or it may be hardware failure.. It would be really time wasting to test everything. I will buy in a few moths new computer then i will for sure install win7. And also it would be hard to find drivers for this 6 year old boy :D Edit: I have allready unistalled the kb from hardwaremanager but doesnt work, i belive its not anything with drivers or keyboard! Some stupid combination of keys disables the keys or any software makes troubles maybe: VmWare, NAV2010, Firefox. I dont want to uninstall them, if its just a bug it may be always like this.. As soon it turns i will reinstall everything..

• Administrator

6 years old. :fear:. Well mine is 4 years old. :( . I'm gonna buy one soon. Probably, I would make it myself and with my family friend engineer. ;)

Archived