Newspaper question

Betts1964

Is there a way i can bypass registration to few my local newspaper? I can only view 4 articles a month before a fee kicks in. I tried a vpn to no avail. Any ideas guys?

thx

• Replies 12
  • Views 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that a mobile app is the solution for you... It must not be a specific one for this or that site; but one that encompasses both and more...
I use News on my Windows Mobile... In it, I read news from various sources and never received such notification that you mentioned...

Regards

PS. Windows 10 has News app...

34 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

I believe that a mobile app is the solution for you... It must not be a specific one for this or that site; but one that encompasses both and more...
I use News on my Windows Mobile... In it, I read news from various sources and never received such notification that you mentioned...

Regards

Thx as always but i prefer to read it on my pc.

37 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

2 minutes ago, bergy1964 said:

Thx as always but i prefer to read it on my pc.

I see... But did you read my PS?!...

45 minutes ago, bergy1964 said:

I can only view 4 articles a month before a fee kicks in. I tried a vpn to no avail.

Sometimes deleting browser cache and flash cookies (not in browser, but persistent--LSO's)--removed restrictions.

The .bat file in this article works perfectly. Might have to name it ".cmd" for Win10 use.

How to delete Flash cookies (Local Shared Objects) | Ardamis

can you

26 minutes ago, jabrwky said:

Sometimes deleting browser cache and flash cookies (not in browser, but persistent--LSO's)--removed restrictions.

The .bat file in this article works perfectly. Might have to name it ".cmd" for Win10 use.

Can you see if u can get it to work after viewing 5 free articles from boston globe and tell me if it works for u coz it doesnt work for me plz? I would greatly appreciate it :)

18 minutes ago, adi said:

Bergy1964Sometimes ... 

[Note: May not work at all times on all web pages.  Good trying.] 

Thx for pointing that out. I missed it :)

I have the same issue with my local newspapers except they allow viewing 10 articles.  I have found that deleting the cookies and files resolves this.  So as a more permanent measure I set a rule in Firefox history under exceptions to block cookies for these sites and do not have this problem anymore

4 hours ago, bergy1964 said:
4 hours ago, jabrwky said:

You waste my time. The paper is far-left drivel unworthy of print.

nsane has fallen in quality, as you demonstrate.

Thx for the insult.

Apologies for this. My anger had nothing to do with you, and is misplaced. Things have happened here (home) lately.

14 minutes ago, jabrwky said:

Apologies for this. My anger had nothing to do with you, and is misplaced. Things have happened here (home) lately.

It takes a ton-of-courage and moral fortitude to say what you said, Brother.   :flowers:

It happens to the best of us.  May your situation (at home) get better soon.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 8:59 AM, jabrwky said:

I have successfully used this same procedure myself with some news websites.

Archived