Nvidia Geforce driver problem

manpe

When I try to open NVIDIA Control Panel, it gives me the next error (on below picture). I tried installing it over, but it didn't help. I'm running W7 Ultimate (installed driver for W7/Vista).

zjdqi1.png

• Replies 14
  • Views 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I try to open NVIDIA Control Panel, it gives me the next error (on below picture). I tried installing it over, but it didn't help. I'm running W7 Ultimate (installed driver for W7/Vista).

zjdqi1.png

Mine is working fine...W7 Ultimate too.

But I am using the previous version of Nvdia driver, not the latest.

• Administrator

First uninstall drivers and then try reinstallin. ;)

First uninstall drivers and then try reinstallin. ;)

Tried it now, I don't even see the Control Panel anymore. It just isn't there.. And when I try to install it from the nvidia installation directory, it says it couldn't find the right driver for it (although it's installed). I suspect the last CP was left there by an older version of the driver, and the new version is not that good (probs the reason why kotaxor doesn't use it, right?). Maybe I should try the previous version.

Why not the latest? Are you using 190.38?

LOL, I don't normally update my driver unless necessary.

Version of driver

What card model did you specified?

8600GT

Currently installing 190.38, let's see if it works.

EDIT: It didn't work. It didn't install the CP :( Is it possible that the newer versions don't come with the CP somewhy?

What card model did you specified?

8600GT

Currently installing 190.38, let's see if it works.

EDIT: It didn't work. It didn't install the CP :( Is it possible that the newer versions don't come with the CP somewhy?

It does come with the CP, its just that it is different from the old CP we use to see.

How old is your system? If it is pre-Vista/7 it is possible that the drivers may not be compatible with other system resources...

Keep in mind I may be out of my range here with suggestions for 7 because I don't have it yet..BUT

Hyperion Pro Drivers do the same thing for me and have since version 5.17.. ( currently 5.24a )..

The first thing I would suggest is if there is way to un-install the driver package completely and go with what was originally installed for drivers when you installed the OS first.. Then clean any settings or files that were installed, remove any previous installers... registry entries if possible. Then reboot.. and re-install the package.. IF that doesn't work I would look for the driver version that Kotaxor has and try that..If I remember right NVidia uses a system service(s) and startup entries to put the control panel in the taskbar.. so anything that my locking these areas ( including the drivers ) may also inhibit the install from going as planned..( Like HIPS, or Security Policy .. Adminstrative Rights )

You might also want to try to stick with driver updates from MS as well..

If I knew more about your system and was more comfortable with it, I may also suggest going in and removing the driver files, these have to be removed n the correct manner or you may wind up with some booting issues..I am willing to bet though, that your system just became previous generation..

Try this here.

Cheers ;)

I appreciate it, but the post was made back in 2006 and the program, Driver Cleaner Pro, has been stopped developing and is very old... I don't want to test it on a 2009 driver. Especially seeing some posters seem to say it screwed up their Windows and that it's unnecessary.

@Heath - I am running the version Kotaxor does. I downgraded yesterday (uninstalled through device manager and installed the older one). I can't find the CP anywhere.

EDIT: I got the CP by randomly testing different ways to install it. I updated the driver via device manager selecting the extracted folder of the newest driver and it did its job, although at the end it gave me an error that the installation had timed out.. but the CP seems to be working.

Archived